My lifted '97 in a little action | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

My lifted '97 in a little action

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
Just thought I'd post these pics of my rig in action. This was at Wildomar in So. Cal.

View

Cleveland National Forest view of Lake Elsenor

View

View

View

View

View

These were from Pismo Beach, this past Labor Day.

View

View

This is me going up Competition Hill
(This picture does not pay much justice to that hill!)

View

This is the baddest ass Ranger I'd ever seen!

[Edited by felsmann on 10-12-2000 at 01:13 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WellsLaw

Reaction score
now where and how and what is this 5.5" custom lift about ... I have a '97 Spotrt 4x4 as well and would love to hear about it ... truck looks great.

riffman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Thats no Ranger....Its a space station!!!!!

mikefox

Reaction score
City, State
Puyallup, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 4dr XLT 4X4 Sold
I have some questions about your SOA conversion. Who makes it? Where did you get it from? How much did it cost? Thanks in advance.

ExplorGM

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer Expedition
Nice pics Juan!

Truck looks great!
Rick

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
Mikefox, the SOA was no particular kit. It was done by a custom shop as part of my whole kit. You need to go to a custom shop and ask them how much they would charge you. It should not be too much. They fliped the shock mounts and added a custom block that seats the leafs on the axle. Look at the pictures on my thread above, where I said you can find the details.

ExplorerGM, thanks for the comment. How are you doing? How is Arizona?

soupbone

Reaction score
City, State
Hayward,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport 4WD
NICE IN ACTION PICS

Your lift looks very nice. I wish my explorer looked the same :) I just got my BFGs and new wheels. Had to take the hack saw blade to that plastic piece in the fenderwell... :) Well maybe in 2001 there will be a lift for new explorers! O yea that competition hill looks crazy!!

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Hey Juan,
Nice pics! I have been to Competition Hill many times before at Pismo, and it is alot steeper than that picture shows. Did you make it all the way up?

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
Ray, that is true. I told my brother he bleew t by turning the camera away from the horizon, but he is no PRO.

Yes I made it up the hill like 20 times during the weekend I was there. The first time actually was pretty funny since I had never wheeled on Dunes before I had my shocks set to 2, and when I started up the hill we jumped a lot and popped a coupe of sodas in the back of the truck, spraying everything around. That sucked, but at the same time it was kind of funny. After that I set them on for in the front and 3 on the rear, and it was perfect. I love the 9000's, I am thinking of getting the in-cab controls some time in the future.

By the way, your truck looks great!