• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

my limited

long time no see. heres some new pics of my truck.with many new mods.

lifted 2" 31x10.50 cooper discoverers,custom K&N intake,red top optima,morgan-tec muffler with chrome tip,harly f-150 style flames,dimond cut headlights/corners,custom clear taillights, custom painted interior peices,custom painted under hood peices,painted mirrors wiper cowl t-handle, shaved hatch of emblems. window trim. rear wiper.key lock.wiper arm rest. 99' hatch trim. western safari bar with 5" drving lights..other stuff i cant think of now.

dimond heads/corners
103757.jpg

103758.jpg

103760.jpg

updates on last page

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Russell, how's school?

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
so what brings you back over here?

dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
Hey Ak, I got a question. Oops wrong name, but oh well you know who I ment :D

When you did your interior and underhood painting what prep did you do to the plastic pieces?

Primer?

I assume that is duplicolor touch up, or the ford version of. As it a perfect paint match with exterior. Have you had any issues with chipping particularly in the higher heat areas of the engine bay????

Thanks

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
i had my body/paint guy do them when he shaved the hatch. so he used all PPG primer/base coat/clear.(i dont trust raddle can :) ) i dont really expect any chipping. he said he did 2 coats of clear on the interior/under hood stuff.

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
well i just got done with a suede headliner.

installed
104247.jpg

104249.jpg

104248.jpg

next to the stock moon roof cover
104251.jpg

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Holy crap! :eek: Did you do the headliner yourself?

EDIT; Nevermind.. just saw your other thread. :thumbsup:

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
PIMP.. looks great

Why did you change your name?

TJM623

Reaction score
City, State
Strongsville, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
interior looks real nice, Not a fan of the safari bars on yours for some reason?? I dunno. Great job on that headliner!

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Looks good. I like the little pin stripe along the side. I'm not a fan of the pin stripe at all, but the little flames aren't bad. Good job.

-Drew

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
thanks..i was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about the pinstripe flames..lol git them from www.svtcutoms.com for about $100 very nice people and they ship fast.

the safari bar is only going to be on in the winter. in the summer im going to go for the smooth look.

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Nice job :thumbsup: It really looks good. Keep up the good work :)

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
nice job on ur limited 96 x i give u 2 thumbs up keep up the good work bro.

PolarBlueIce

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XL
Nice Improvement on 96Limited!

Hey, good to see you back again...I remember long while back you had the lift with the smaller tires...the 31" tires really do look much better now! Nice pics, thanks for sharing! www.pacificislandsinfo.com/xplorer/explorer.htm Vincent taori@tvds.net ... after edit ... WOW, NICE SUEDE HEADLINER!!! Nice job! Did you get a professional to do that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

v8musclecobra

Reaction score
City, State
boston, massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
center dash consul

How did you change the colors of the center consul and other parts to green? Did you simply paint it, or did you have to fiberglass it?