my limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my limited

long time no see. heres some new pics of my truck.with many new mods.

lifted 2" 31x10.50 cooper discoverers,custom K&N intake,red top optima,morgan-tec muffler with chrome tip,harly f-150 style flames,dimond cut headlights/corners,custom clear taillights, custom painted interior peices,custom painted under hood peices,painted mirrors wiper cowl t-handle, shaved hatch of emblems. window trim. rear wiper.key lock.wiper arm rest. 99' hatch trim. western safari bar with 5" drving lights..other stuff i cant think of now.

dimond heads/corners
103757.jpg

103758.jpg

103760.jpg

updates on last page

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Russell, how's school?

so what brings you back over here?

Hey Ak, I got a question. Oops wrong name, but oh well you know who I ment :D

When you did your interior and underhood painting what prep did you do to the plastic pieces?

Primer?

I assume that is duplicolor touch up, or the ford version of. As it a perfect paint match with exterior. Have you had any issues with chipping particularly in the higher heat areas of the engine bay????

Thanks

i had my body/paint guy do them when he shaved the hatch. so he used all PPG primer/base coat/clear.(i dont trust raddle can :) ) i dont really expect any chipping. he said he did 2 coats of clear on the interior/under hood stuff.

well i just got done with a suede headliner.

installed
104247.jpg

104249.jpg

104248.jpg

next to the stock moon roof cover
104251.jpg

Holy crap! :eek: Did you do the headliner yourself?

EDIT; Nevermind.. just saw your other thread. :thumbsup:

PIMP.. looks great

Why did you change your name?

interior looks real nice, Not a fan of the safari bars on yours for some reason?? I dunno. Great job on that headliner!

Looks good. I like the little pin stripe along the side. I'm not a fan of the pin stripe at all, but the little flames aren't bad. Good job.

-Drew

thanks..i was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about the pinstripe flames..lol git them from www.svtcutoms.com for about $100 very nice people and they ship fast.

the safari bar is only going to be on in the winter. in the summer im going to go for the smooth look.

Nice job :thumbsup: It really looks good. Keep up the good work :)

nice job on ur limited 96 x i give u 2 thumbs up keep up the good work bro.

Nice Improvement on 96Limited!

Hey, good to see you back again...I remember long while back you had the lift with the smaller tires...the 31" tires really do look much better now! Nice pics, thanks for sharing! www.pacificislandsinfo.com/xplorer/explorer.htm Vincent taori@tvds.net ... after edit ... WOW, NICE SUEDE HEADLINER!!! Nice job! Did you get a professional to do that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

center dash consul

How did you change the colors of the center consul and other parts to green? Did you simply paint it, or did you have to fiberglass it?

Back