• Register Today It's free!

My modified 94 sport

STEWARTW

Reaction score
City, State
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Sport
Took a 94 explorer sport with an auto tranny and put a 5 speed in it. lifted it 6-7 inches. 35's, 373L out of 96 v8 ex with rear discs of course. 8 inch j%#p coil springs. Spring over. Have been running it all over the place for months. it does pretty good. the problem is of course the cel comes on quite frequently. KOER all I get is 411 412 536 538. Which is all good based on my experience with these trucks. KOEO it just errors when it tries to check on the torque converter clutch and the auto tranny solenoids because of course the auto tranny is gone and the auto tranny wiring harness isn't plugged into anything. would like to post some pics but can't make attachments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use a PCM/ECM from the same year that was in a Sport with a 5-speed.

finally got some meaningful codes 172, 173, 176,177. So gotta figure either a clogged EGR or a vacuum leak, I suppose.

Nice Looking rig , when you copy and paste the link to post a pic , use the Direct link , click on the yellowish square icon and paste the link . will show up like this .
94ex_zps289f218b.jpg

Wow , That's a Serious Cut and turned beam , That's a little different than I have seen before .
exsusppic_zpsfac04f9d.jpg

What are you running for radius arms?

I built the radius arms from the stock ones with 36 inches of 1.5 120 dom and it wasn't good enough, the ttb is got tig welded 3/8 plate 2 outer and 1 inner

anyway the pic of the radius arm is on photobucket the worst part was deciphering the adjustable upper ball joint Sudoku

Back