My Mountaineers obituary RIP | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Mountaineers obituary RIP

Wow, Mass cops are dickholes. Truely.

#### X's when you have a cool new truck like that.

What's a failsafe thermostat anyway?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, she may not be back on the road again unless it is an easy fix. Even if it is an easy fix, she will probably end up being sold or given to someone else.
I just got finished putting together a deal for my "new to me" DD.
Here it is:

picture.php

2006 F-350, 6.0 Powerstroke. I really do not need the 350, but the price was right (turned out cheaper than a comparable 250). A few mods will follow. I won't be towing with it often, maybe twice a year. I have an enclosed trailer that fits 3-4 motorcycles.
Have yet to decide which tuner I will go with.
Has anyone done the EGR delete?
ARP head studs?
Propane or H20/meth injection?
Upgrade the intercooler?
I am open to hear your ideas/suggestions for worthy mods. I am looking to add fuel economy and engine longevity more than pavement ripping power.

Nice looking powerstoke. I have heard that the 6.0s can be good engines, but they have a few faults that usually cause break downs. I have heard that an ERG cooler is made that can fix the one major issue The head studs are the other issue. Good luck with the truck and whatever you decide with the mounty.

Sorry to hear about your truck man. Nice looking new DD though.

Wow, Mass cops are dickholes. Truely.

#### X's when you have a cool new truck like that.

What's a failsafe thermostat anyway?

A fail safe thermostat stays open all the time after it breaks so the engine does not burn up.

Okay. Makes sense.

Just kind of a sidenote. I don't know what EGR problems the 6.0 has ans some were talking of adding a cooler. That doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I have a lot of personal experience with late model VW diesel engines and they come eqipped from the factory with an EGR cooler and it's the root cause of the intakes clogging full of soot and then the car won't get out of it's own way. This requires removal of the entire intake and a thorough cleaning. In alot of cases, my customer had opted at that point for the EGR cooler removal kit, supplied by the aftermarket. This ensured it would never happen again.

Back