My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha were talking about this yesterday great price...do you feel the difference between the 5.0 and sohc?

are you going to lift it???

SWEET! You're gonna love it. :)

Congrats.

This reminds me of BBQ hotdogs old ride....man that thing was sweet....sorry to be off topic

This reminds me of BBQ hotdogs old ride....man that thing was sweet....sorry to be off topic

I was thinking the same thing! I think BBQ had a '98.

Hey Russ, you need to change your username now!

Wow that things looks really nice, what kind of miles are on it?

He listed it in another thread when he was just thinking about getting a new ride. 109,000 miles.

thanks guys im loving it so far. Yup celly got the mileage right! no Im not going to lift it. Im just going to get some nice all terrains for it and keep it nice. Plus it has air ride suspension so if I remember right you cant lift it without modification. Hey Celly, do all EB's have air ride?

I was thinking the same thing! I think BBQ had a '98.

Hey Russ, you need to change your username now!

Yeah I need to contact a moderator lol.

thanks guys im loving it so far. Yup celly got the mileage right! no Im not going to lift it. Im just going to get some nice all terrains for it and keep it nice. Plus it has air ride suspension so if I remember right you cant lift it without modification. Hey Celly, do all EB's have air ride?

No air ride on mine and glad I didn't because I understand it limits your aftermarket shock options which is great because I wanted Bilsteins and got them soon afterwards (installed a EE swaybar at same time). I didn't even know that air-ride was an option on the EB (thought it was on the Limited only). From a quick scan of your truck, the one option I don't have that you do (in addition to the air ride) is the back-up sensing thing.

Yeah, no need to lift it. The EB has a classic look and looks a bit odd to me when lifted. Definitely have fun with modding the 5.0. Exhaust and intake were the first mods I did and tuning followed shortly thereafter. If you don't do anything else to your ride, you'll find those three mods sufficient. I won't get going on the headers again because you already know how much I love those. :p:

yeah BBQ had a 98...it was awesome....i think EB and Limiteds should be lowered or just kept stock..at least the 5.0s...since the air ride...and No not all EB had airride because some EB's came with sohc 4x4....so they are capable of going offroad with out the air ride

I though the air ride shocks were only on rear axle though...I'm pretty sure they discontinued the all around air ride shocks in 96 or 97....hmm can someone clear that up?

I agree with celly though....headers are an awesome modification...I don't have them yet since i have no money to purchase them..in college :banghead:...but from what i heard they are awesome...

A few small mods would be

Intake....Mac makes a decent looking one...but i would go with this http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=202655
Looks sweet plus would match your red paint

Muffler to make the 5.0 roar

302 badge!!!

other than that....you have to dive into the engine and start changing stuff up

the choice is yours...enjoy the 302....

celly go to the mods faster than i could type....damn

and EE swaybar ftw

That is one clean looking engine bay btw...keep her like that

wow that looks nice!! sounds like ya got a good deal, too :)

Don't get the MAC intake, they're only making them when they're ordered and guys have been charged for them and then waited weeks with no response from mac. So get the air max or build your own.

Believe it or not, but EE recently had them as did an eBay seller. I wouldn't buy one direct from MAC either. Their service leaves a lot to be desired.

I got my mac free!!!! so thats why i have it..i wish i could get the air max though

although i just got a new K&N air filter

I got my mac free!!!! so thats why i have it..i wish i could get the air max though

although i just got a new K&N air filter

The MAC is a very capable setup and well made. What's so great about the Airmax?

Shoulda gone with an Amsoil filter. :D

wow that is one sweet lookin eddie baurer it looks mint mint conditon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just said that cause airmax looks larger...and it's only for 98+ 5.0s for some reason....idk why

I like my mac it looks shiny and looks new filter attached....the old one was the stock mac...which had turned a tar black from use

Back