• Register Today It's free!

My new mods! (PICS)

beenwrong2002

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
Well I finally got around to installing my billet grill, rear gap guards (gotta put the front ones on tomorrow lol) and rear tail light guards...i love the gap guards, definently makes it look more smooth.
IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

EDIT: I now have my cold air intake installed YAY :) Definently can tell the difference. I have my under drive pulley on order but it wont be here for a few more weeks :( I also have my push bar I'm bout to put on....for $35 it was a steal....
IMG_0386.jpg

I also have my push bar I'm bout to put on....for $35 it was a steal....
IMG_0390.jpg

and of course, im sportin the Explorer Forums license plate frame :)
IMG_0389.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks nice keep up the good work

thank u :D

ur very welcome

If i wasn't going for the mostly black look i'd definitely do a billet grill. looks great.

If i wasn't going for the mostly black look i'd definitely do a billet grill. looks great.

it would still look good even with the all black in my opinion :)

and this is random so ill post it in my own thread.....anybody have an extra cap that goes over the lugnuts on my stock 96' wheels ? :(

I noticed you needed one, did you not get it all the way on or have you taken it to a shop lately? If you have blame them and make them get you a new one.

no it hasnt been worked on since its been missing...i see so many explorers missing them it makes me wonder if somebody came and popped it off or something...i cant lie and say i havent thought about poppin one off somebody elses crappy ex :nono: lol

Looks nice, those 33's don't even look all that big!

no it hasnt been worked on since its been missing...i see so many explorers missing them it makes me wonder if somebody came and popped it off or something...i cant lie and say i havent thought about poppin one off somebody elses crappy ex :nono: lol

it is tempting... lol. but i'd be worry that karma would come back around and get me.

Well I finally got around to installing my billet grill, rear gap guards (gotta put the front ones on tomorrow lol) and rear tail light guards...i love the gap guards, definently makes it look more smooth.

just have to make sure, the 'gap guards' are the black pieces between the frame body in the wheel well? not sure but that's what i'm thinking.

i'm thinkin they pop off a lot, my cousin has an expedition n the same thing, she chose to go buy one from the local ford dealer

just have to make sure, the 'gap guards' are the black pieces between the frame body in the wheel well? not sure but that's what i'm thinking.

yesir cover up the gap between the frame and the body

Hey grill looks great and i want to do this to my explorer as well... but i was wondering how do you open the hood now that you cant stick your hand in there to unlock the hood?

Hey grill looks great and i want to do this to my explorer as well... but i was wondering how do you open the hood now that you cant stick your hand in there to unlock the hood?

the kit i bought came with a latch extender. It connects to the stock latch and hangs down further. You just have to use a screw driver or somethin skinny to hit the latch in between the slots. Its easy.

You could also weld an extender on it, so you can hit it from between the grill and hood.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back