My new Ranger FX4 Dailey Driver-I love it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Ranger FX4 Dailey Driver-I love it!

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Just picked up my new to me dailey driver.

03 Ranger Supercab with 4 doors. FX4

For now no plans other than to drive it just like it is. I have 2 other vehicles right now that can hit any trail I want to.

EFF74D2A-245F-4473-8564-3B65BE95B43A_12.jpg

EFF74D2A-245F-4473-8564-3B65BE95B43A_13.jpg

EFF74D2A-245F-4473-8564-3B65BE95B43A_10.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice

..:shifty_ey ..Wheel it...You know you want to...:D

..Happy to see another bitten by the Ranger bug..:biggthump

Looks sharp. Nice find:chug:

Thanks. I really like it.

I would love to wheel it, but not anytime soon. Just a street toy for me with potential ;)

Welcome to the elite club of FX4 Rangers...

Don't listen to Ted... It took me days to restore my truck after I did (not to mention almost rolling it.):eek:

Nice... That is my favorite Ranger front end/grille... :thumbsup:

It's a beauty! I looked under the hood, and you could eat off the engine! Interior was spotless, and looked awesome with those Billet shifter knobs and base on the Hurst shifters. Seats are styling too!

Keep it stock I say. Worth more down the road like that. Besides, it looks killer like it is. :thumbsup:

Yep, stock is fine by me. Drives great.

In stock form, I don't see any issues with taking it out to somewhere like Colorado and running some backroads. I would be confident to drive it their and home no worries. but trails like we run on our farm or some of the offroad parks around here. Thats what my other trucks are for.

I want to hold onto to it, because as time goes, they will become harder and harder to find.

Oh come on brad, you know you want to mod it. And I have all the E/B axles just laying in the yard off the 93 ranger to do it with.

YOU CAN DO IT :burnout::burnout::burnout:WHEEL THAT SUCKER :D

LOL i have axles under my white explorer that would be great also ;)

That never happens Eric

:burnout:

Update and reference for myself.

132,500 Miles changed Engine, Transmission, Transfercase Oil. So easy was great!

Mods in mind, none really, but the thought of older Ranger 98? setup that you can add Rugged Ridge Lockouts, sounds appealing to me. Does anyone know if this will increase MPG I would think it should help.

...Check with Scott B...

..He has a write up here on the lock out swap and I know he just put a bunch of miles on that Ranger while keeping track of the MPG's...;)

Thanks Tbars,

I had read that write up before. just looking for the Mpg gains, might not be much, but I like the idea of not having my axle shafts and transfercase spinning all the time.

Back