• Register Today It's free!

My New Rear Bumper

CarFreak146

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT
As some of you have heard, I was getting a new bumper made, and well.... I finally got it. I picked it up and installed it the night before the krawl, and MAN!!! I LOVE IT!!! A buddy of mine named Robin built it for me (aka JBI Fabrications) and it is absolutely cherry! The swing away portion is made out of 2x2, 1/4" think square stock and it stong enough to hodl a 52" Michelin. :D and the actual bumper is 3x5" 1/8" thick stock if my memory serves..... It costs me $375 (which prices will vary greatly depending on how the economy is liking steel at the time, the design of the bumper, and the vehicle itself). I am very proud of this bumper, and so is Robin. I like it b/c I basically designed it with a few changes that Robin made to make it better..... It will hold a 36" tire and has interchangealble Bolt patterns for the sspare tire (for when my axle swap is done), has flush mounted KC hilites Backup FLood lights (which are bright as CRAP!!), and two d-shackle mounts. it is tough ya'll and will last me a long time.... if you guys are interested in having him build you anything, contact me, and I'll give you his info.

on to the pictures::
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/420202/2

What do YOU think??
--Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's cool man.. what did you paint it with?

Gloss Black Paint

I like it but I would have extended the bumper around the sides. I see room for a big rock to get up there.

Positive Vibes said:
I like it but I would have extended the bumper around the sides. I see room for a big rock to get up there.

That is on the Modifications llist for when I go back for round two.. In the original design, it WAS gonna wrap around the sides, but as you can see in the pictures, we forgot (I know, we're dumb) to compensate for the 3" body lift, so there's a 3" gap between the body and thye bumper, so if we wrapped it around the sides, it would have looked pretty bad..... but when I am ready to get some stuff added (permanent mount cb antenna, hi lift mount, and wrap around the sides) we're gonna weld up some plates that are flush with the top of the frame and 3" high to raise the bumper up and not lose any strength.

--Ryan

Looks nice. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Nice

looks good... no incorporation for the license palte though... what are you going to do if you ever need the spare? ;)

jimabena74 said:
looks good... no incorporation for the license palte though... what are you going to do if you ever need the spare? ;)

I'm still working on the license plate location actually. I'm not sure where i'm gonna put it.... I actually have a bracket tha's made to fit in the wheel and put it where it is now, just straight, but I gotta space it out a but further, b/c it hits the wheels, then, I think I will be ok.

--Ryan

Back