My new ride - 2016 Sport

Gatortailale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Made the jump for my 2013 Explorer Limited 2.0 Ecoboost to the 2016 Sport. I did an extended test drive over the weekend (put on 83 miles), and closed the deal last night for $45,987.

3.5 V6 Ecoboost Engine
Equipment Group 401A
Dual-Panel Moonroof
Adapt Cruise/Collision Warning
RF Rack XBars
All weather mats
Only thing it didn't have that wanted was 2nd row center console. Will be looking to get one to add.

Will add more photos when I have time to take and post. Here is a quick one I took this morning.

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!

Beautiful! Same color as my 2015 Sport. What are your impressions of the power difference between the two engines?

Congrats and very nice vehicle.

Congratulations! Looks great:chug:

Sweeeet!! ENJOY!!! I like the small changes they made on the 2016 Sport. Picked up mine in July. Dealer was surprised that I bought the same EXACT truck again. Traded in a 2014 Sport with Nav, BLIS power liftgate, all weather mats and roof rack in Tuxedo Black.

Thanks all - fun to read all the posts here with peeps rides.

Beautiful! Same color as my 2015 Sport. What are your impressions of the power difference between the two engines?

When I got my 2.0 the 13 Sport was not out yet so never had chance to drive one. At that time I was also more interested in the potential MPG benefit of the 2.0. I put about 53,000 miles on the old one and I always thought the torque that it put out was sufficient to haul this big of a vehicle around and I was able to walk right up some steep hills in WV at 76+ mph and never felt like the hamsters were going to pass out. I have not gone and tried the 2.3 - but going on numbers alone it should be a much better package.

But now after actually having driven the 3.5 it is night and day between the two. The sport gets up and goes, and the engine growl is dang impressive. I think within the first 1000 feet pulling out of the dealership last Saturday in the Sport that I was hooked. In short, the 3.5 has a lot more grunt to get up and go quick. I also really like that how crisp the sport handles and the steering is a lot more tight.

Sweeeet!! ENJOY!!! I like the small changes they made on the 2016 Sport. Picked up mine in July. Dealer was surprised that I bought the same EXACT truck again. Traded in a 2014 Sport with Nav, BLIS power liftgate, all weather mats and roof rack in Tuxedo Black.
I hear ya - I really liked the small updates the 16 has as well like the front camera; and also now having adaptive cruise and moonroof will be fun too.

Congrats, beauty hey! Getting one also, but she should be white.

Congrats !!!
Now I don't feel bad I paid 46k for my 2016 sport on June 18th. Only thing I don't have is the adative cruise control...
Dealership still hasn't paid off my trade

Second row console not hard to install your self. Added one to my 15 Sport. Directions want you to cut the carpet but I didn't do that. Just install the rear bolts and use a long punch or thin screw driver to go thru the carpet to access the holes underneath. I just used a power screwdriver and applied a good downward pressure and the bolts caught with no problem. I didn't want to have holes in my carpet if I ever wanted to remove it. Got it from my dealer at purchase for half their cost. Pretty good addition.

Very nice ride, congrats!

Nice Ride

Nice, I like it.

I traded my 2014 F-150 Platinum 3.5L Eco boost for a 2016 Explorer Sport - white. I am certainly used to the power and wouldn't consider going back. I test drove a BMW X5 and X3 the day before I bought my Sport with intentions to get a X5. I truly think the 3.5 Eco had better torque and absolutely was sold on sticking with Ford following a test drive of the beemer. A plus for me was retaining a lot of the features I have grown to love on the Platinum trim F-150. BMW still doesn't offer remote start and that's a huge deal for me - a deal breaker by them not offering it. The handling characteristics of the Explorer Sport are very comparable with the X5 with exception to the balance that all BMW's are well known for. All in all, the Explorer Sport was truly the winner for features, performance and cost. I've had mine for a week now. :)

Congrats just picked up a black '16 sport myself!

Congrats! I had to edit my post to reflect the accurate color of white, not black. Perhaps I was thinking of the interior color (black of course on the sport) or I didn't have my second cup of Jo.

Congrats! We have the exact same 2016 Sport and we had the dealer throw in the center console for it. The buckets in the second row look MUCH better than the bench seat IMO. My wife loves driving it (since it is for her) and she has named it Ladybug (she loves ladybugs of course...lol).

Back