My New Rock Sliders | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My New Rock Sliders

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
The sliders are holding up great. They have been used in Moab and on some Colorado trails. They have taken a few good hits that didnt do anything to them. So far I havent had a problem hitting the mounts on anything. I wouldnt change a thing I like them so much. edit: I would have powdercoated them but ran out of time before the Moab trip.

I dont know how much each one weighs. They are not that bad, I picked them up easy enough when I was putting them on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
if you are tying sliders into a cage then I see o reason for bolt on sliders when the cage is welded to the frame

<

ExplorerJimbo

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer XLT
i've always loved the look of that type of slider. when i finally get around to it im sure mine will be similar, only welded on with hopes of tying a cage into em. NICE WORK THOUGH!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

<

<

bobapunk

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
V8 -AWD
These slides look fantastic.
I'm looking for ideas to replace the rotted rockers on my 96. I need something with a step for my kids.
Do you have an approximate material cost?
My brother had a welder and some Fab skills.
Is there a comparable "buy in a box" product out there?
Sorry for the questions. I'm pretty new with trucks. Been a cat guy my whole life up till now.
Thanks

<

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
These slides look fantastic.
I'm looking for ideas to replace the rotted rockers on my 96. I need something with a step for my kids.
Do you have an approximate material cost?
My brother had a welder and some Fab skills.
Is there a comparable "buy in a box" product out there?
Sorry for the questions. I'm pretty new with trucks. Been a cat guy my whole life up till now.
Thanks

Thanks. Its been many years since I have built these, I don't remember the material cost. There are a few universal slider kits out there, you just need to know how long they need to be and find one that is close. Here is an example and there are several more on ebay, summit racing, etc. A 4 door is around 72" roughly.

<

bobapunk

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
V8 -AWD
Thank you, sir.
I'm trying to determine if it's more economical to build or buy.
Thoughts?

<

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
If you have the capability (tube bending, notching and welding) then it will be cheaper to build from raw materials. If you have to pay a fab shop to make them then it will be close to the same cost or maybe a little cheaper to buy pre-made sliders and adapt to your vehicle yourself.

<