My New Spark Plug Wires and New Spark Plugs ((PICTURES)) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New Spark Plug Wires and New Spark Plugs ((PICTURES))

ilikedellcomputers

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Jetta GLX VR6
Well I am pretty happy, I just picked up my new Taylor spark plug wires and grabbed six Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs, I hope these plugs will add more HP or at least better fuel milege. I had to special order the wires for my 4.0L V6 Explorer, so there custom and NOT cheap!! Take a look for yourself see what you think!

** I WILL BE TAKING PHOTO'S OF THESE WIRES AND PLUGS WHEN THERE ARE ACTUALLY ON THE ENGINE, NO WORRIES, MORE TO COME **

Regards,

ilikedellcomputers

Peter

These are the spark plugs I got, I know there not the +4, but are these still any good?

Bosch Plat. Plugs.JPG

This is just a picture of the box the spark plug wires came in and a picture of the Bosch Platnium Spark Plugs.

Box and Plugs.JPG

This is the part that fits on to the distributer cap.

Distrib. wire head.JPG

This is the part that fits on to the actual spark plug itself.

Spark Plug Head.JPG

Just a picture of the Platnium spark plugs.

Spark Plugs.JPG

This is everything in one picture!

The whole gang

Again, just a close-up of the spark plug wire box itself.

Wire Box.JPG

Just a little facts about these Taylor made spark plug wires!

Info about wires.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey pictures didn't show up here, but you may not want to post 8 pics in one thread. Many people on the board don't have a fast connection and with 8 pics I guarantee it would take a while for most people to download it. Also, they're just plugs and wires, maybe just 1 or 2 pics could've done it, don't ya think?

Thank you for the compliment JGSTEWART8, I appreciate it. Rock833, I understand the problem some people might have regarding the download speed, etc, etc. And yes, I do realize that the pictures shown above are not really exciting, but I personally like to describe products in detail when I acquire them, it adds up to longer, more in-depth conversations. Again, thanks for all of the comments.

Regards,

ilikedellcomputers

Peter

I also have Taylor Spiro Pro plug wires and they have performed well, no problems. But how long does the average set of wires last? I have had these on my truck for about 40k, maybe more.

The plugs seemed to help me for a few thousand miles. Then they seemed to die down a bit. They were worth the extra money in my mind though.

I have those exact same wires and plugs on my explorer. The plugs made no difference and a couple of days ago after 5000 miles I took a few of them out and the insulators were all red from heat, probably whats making it miss, maybe they are the wrong plug? but the sales person got them for me. I am probably going to swich back to a cheaper brand.

As for the wires they made it run better because the old ones were bad, and I ordered them from summit for 36$! They aren't custom and that's cheaper than oem ones.

Back