My New Truck | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

My New Truck

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Versailles, KY (Home) Poughkeepsie, NY (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
As some of you may remember, I had a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT for many years, but unfortunately it died on me back in March (Explorer No More). Well, we have found a replacement. On May 24th, we brought home a new 2004 Honda Pilot LX.

The Pilot is silver with a gray interior. It has a 5 speed automatic transmission with a 240hp 3.5L V6 engine (yes, it has VTEC). It seats 8 passengers, is pretty big, and drives really nicely. It has a great center console layout and layout around the driver. It gets pretty good gas mileage (17city/22highway), and love them or hate them, Hondas seem to last forever.

I’ve already got a long list of mods to do, and hopefully I’ll be able to get some done by the end of the summer. And don’t worry everyone: I did manage to get a Honda with 4 wheel drive :)

I got it just under a month ago with 29 miles, and it already has about 2200 miles. It was given a hard workout to test its abilities, and it passed with flying colors.

Unfortunately, my computer is giving me issues now, so I can’t post any pictures of it, but I’ll put some up when I can, probably at the end of the summer.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of any Honda Pilot messageboards by any chance. I really want to find a great community like this one, so I don't want to join a typical Honda board full of rude ricers who wouldn't know anything about a Pilot anyway. Thanks for the tips.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Conversely, I've never had a new car, so I might stick around to ask some new car questions that hopefully people here will be able to answer, even though it's a Honda. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
At least check in now and then to get in on some runs

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Good choice. :thumbsup: Honda make excellent vehicles (except the Passport which is basically made by Isuzu).

diablo5969 said:
love them or hate them, Hondas seem to last forever.
Yep, they last forever IF you don't mod it. Proceed cautiously.

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'll definitely stick around the forums for a while and keep an eye on what's going on :)

And I'm not going to do any rediculous mods, so hopefully everything will stay in check. Thanks for the advice

j602

resident ******
Reaction score
City, State
Dothan, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I think your first mods should be a huge spoiler and a fart can!! :D :p Just kiddin man! Have fun with it! Later.

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
Don't worry guys, all the mods will be tasteful, I promise :)

'96explorereddiebauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clemmons, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Honda Accord EX-L
You suck!! I want one for myself. LOL Excellent choice. They're great vehicles.

My dad is seriously considering the more expensive cousin...Acura MDX Touring. But what's really keeping him from getting one right away is the tranny problems with the 5-speed auto. So he'll probably put it off til later or whenever the redesigned Odyssey comes out.

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
Hahaha, thanks :)

My uncle just recently bought an MDX too, and he loves it. They're both great. I recommend it :thumbsup: :cool: