• Register Today It's free!

My new wheels

hunt1moore

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Ltd 4x4
Still a little dirty and planning to do more work. Got a little anxious to post!
Moto Metal 18x9 with 285-60 R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Truxx lift.
Black mesh grill on the way.]
SportTrac_zps5c43bb14.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the truxx lift making your RSC very sensitave - causing any issues/ dislikes that you have noticed? I am thinking about adding the Truxx to mine.

That's a nice looking ST. I like the small chrome accents around in different places. Gives a good contrast to the black :thumbsup:

Is the truxx lift making your RSC very sensitave - causing any issues/ dislikes that you have noticed? I am thinking about adding the Truxx to mine.

I'm not sure exactly what would be a sympton that would indicate it being sensitive. However, as I was carving thru the mountains this morning between Maggie Valley and Cherokee on hwy 19 (real curvey road) it threw the control trac light. The ST lost power momentarily while the indicator was on. Happened in the apex of a tight hairpin. The road didn't seem slippery and the temps were in the 40's.

That's a nice looking ST. I like the small chrome accents around in different places. Gives a good contrast to the black :thumbsup:

Thanks! Sorry for the dirty truck pic. It has been a mess around here since I had them put on. I just received my black grill and as soon as I install it I will post better pictures.
I know a lot of ST owners have been looking hard on the net to see different wheel combinations so I went ahead and posted a pic. I went with the black Moto Metal 951's thinking they would look good with the billet bed hook covers. I had planned to black out some of the other chrome but now I think I may wait a little and let it soak in. We'll see after I install the grill.
I should mention that these 951's have an +18 off-set.

I know a lot of ST owners have been looking hard on the net to see different wheel combinations so I went ahead and posted a pic. I went with the black Moto Metal 951's thinking they would look good with the billet bed hook covers. We'll see after I install the grill.
I should mention that these 951's have an +18 off-set.

Those moto's go perfect with the other chrome accents.

i am playing the wheel combo game also. trying to find the widest set that looks good and does not stick out too far. I would have thought for +18 they would tuck in a little more on a 285. thanks for the picts and info!

would you say yours are 32" overall dia. - - Do you have any rubbing or need to trim?

Those moto's go perfect with the other chrome accents.

i am playing the wheel combo game also. trying to find the widest set that looks good and does not stick out too far. I would have thought for +18 they would tuck in a little more on a 285. thanks for the picts and info!

would you say yours are 32" overall dia. - - Do you have any rubbing or need to trim?

They are right at 32". We had to trim just a little to clear but not too bad. I didn't want the tire to stick out past the fender. I think a +12 would have been a little better look. For some reason my right rear sticks out more than the left rear. I'm wondering if the bed is off a little.

Thought I would up-date my thread by posting an up-dated photo that shows the black mesh grill with painted hood trim piece, 3M Di Noc on the mirrors and roof rack chrome.
My next project will be to paint the chrome and front and back plastic on the running boards with black Plastidip.
Truck_zps9f54faa3.jpg

Back