my next move... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my next move...

Ah, yes much more like it. 180 will buy you quite a nice sub. You could get a JL W3 for $20 more and IMO they are one of the better entry subs on the market.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say F the audio (u wont need em on the trails) and get a D30 from your local salvage yard!

actually wait, 180 eh.. ur about halfway to a good lunchbox locker.. yes go for that, save up for a No-Slip.

F the lights, i bet you (like most of us) hardly go wheeling at night.
F the clear corners, they'll just get busted up on the trail.

...a man who knows what he wants (err doesnt want) ... lol

IZWack, is your ex 2wd, or 4? (i like it)

slravene said:
...a man who knows what he wants (err doesnt want) ... lol

or at least you THINK im a man.. DON DON DON DONNNN

its almmost a 4wd (it was an AWD, currently converting it to 4WD manual shift - tcase is in, working on shift linkage)

$200! I have one word for you "Beer" :D :thumbsup:

A case of framboise will be almost 200 bucks. I have bought a total of 2 cases of it since I turned 21. AWESOME stuff.

Anyway on topic. If you do camber shims you are going to really want an air chisel. They can suck to get the old ones out sometimes. Then caster is tough to get set right with the spacers. The sugestion of a noslip is really good. Save up for one. Perhaps a lockright for just over 200.

when i buy my 33's ill be regearing to 4.56 anyways... and adding some new rock crawler wheels. so at that time ill probably invest in a locker for the rear. no arb for me... but probably a limited slip of some sort. then a nice chrome diff. cover to top it off. maybe a locker in the front if i ever go to 35's... but that may be awhile, so we'll see. would a 3" body lift be a good choice? i know its not the best solution to fitting bigger tires, but i dont do heavy rock crawling, so i can handle not having 14 inches of travel. Im just thinking down the road if i ever want to run 35's (after id get a 5-6" suspension lift.. id need a body lift anyways, right? i mean.. if i dont want to trim my fenders that is. would 9 inches of lift clear 35"s okay? would that be street drivable?

skoobydoobiedew said:
when i buy my 33's ill be regearing to 4.56 anyways... and adding some new rock crawler wheels. so at that time ill probably invest in a locker for the rear. no arb for me... but probably a limited slip of some sort. then a nice chrome diff. cover to top it off. maybe a locker in the front if i ever go to 35's... but that may be awhile, so we'll see. would a 3" body lift be a good choice? i know its not the best solution to fitting bigger tires, but i dont do heavy rock crawling, so i can handle not having 14 inches of travel. Im just thinking down the road if i ever want to run 35's (after id get a 5-6" suspension lift.. id need a body lift anyways, right? i mean.. if i dont want to trim my fenders that is. would 9 inches of lift clear 35"s okay? would that be street drivable?

SVO runs 35's on his Nava-hoe with 6" lift? or 5.5" whatever... but i believe he just had to trip the rear of the front fender a little bit. Its worth it dont worry, nobody will notice... unless you make it noticable!

Sawzall...

Back