My nick name is Shady-Grady

ShadyGrady

Reaction score
City, State
AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
Hello all,
I'm looking to shape my '92 into a real nice SUV. I got some real crazy ideas going: "A" arm front suspention conversion, "A" arm rear suspension conversion, 30MPG from the V6 on GASOLINE w/no power drop, and onboard PC just to name a few. I wanted to see if anyone has done any of these mods and what it took to GET ER DONE!

I got this truck for $500.00. I just did some maintenance and rode it for a year to see what developed...nothing but trouble free rolling. It's a 5 SPD stick w/ 105533 on the odo. It's all good to me...I made a Buick regal live under severe lead foot owner conditions for 11 years and 475000 miles.

I like reading the treads...people really get in and support each other. I will be around and I look forward to posting my project soon.

Welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

I know the PC has been done.
The 30 mpg with the v6 has been done. (search aldive)

I imagine the best/easiest way to get the A arm in the front is to just cut off the frame from the firewall forward and replace with a 95-01 frame, otherwise that is a hell of a lot of work.

Good luck with the rear conversion.

Search around and you'll find a lot of things that have been discussed that will help you out.

Shady's back tell a friend...................welcome to the site and good luck with the mods.

-Rich

Back