my offroad 2002 x with winch and snorkel setup | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my offroad 2002 x with winch and snorkel setup

ingen srv

Reaction score
City, State
West Palm Beach Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xls
Just showing off my x
20140504_120142_zps1208a486.jpg

20140504_120250_zps59d99b79.jpg

20140504_120304_zps3eadae22.jpg

20140330_104216_zps414b1bfa.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The winch is absolutely killing your approach and departure angles. You need to find a way to move it up

Im in the middle of making a mount that will move it by the license plate is.

Nice rig, what are you running for a differential in the rear?

Just running the stock dif for now

But prob going to go with arb airlockers

i was going to say the same thing about that winch, but other than that it looks mean! youre snorkel setup looks really clean and functional.

Thanks the snorkel was a pain to do but for like $60 u cant bet it

Nice to see another 3rd gen with a snorkel! What did you end up doing with your antenna bracket?

Why the snorkel? It's not like you can use it you would destroy every electronic on the vehicle if you actually tried to use it....

I've definitely gotten plenty of use out of mine. As long as all of your connecters are in good shape and have enough silicone in them you won't fry your computers unless you completely flood the cab.

I've definitely gotten plenty of use out of mine. As long as all of your connecters are in good shape and have enough silicone in them you won't fry your computers unless you completely flood the cab.

You're really manages to drive through water that's over your air box?

I try to avoid going through anything deeper than my door cladding but a lot of times water will wash right over the hood when entering deep holes. The stock intake is definitely more efficient but ever since my friend hydrolocked his sport in only 6" of water they've scared me lol

The tubing is under the antenna so i dident do anything with it ill put pics of it without the fender later today so u can see it

Why the snorkel? It's not like you can use it you would destroy every electronic on the vehicle if you actually tried to use it....

If u live in south fl its good to have one as far as electronics they have to be protected Vaseline helps a lot

The tubing is under the antenna so i dident do anything with it ill put pics of it without the fender later today so u can see it

Nice! I had to cut mine so I switched to a short rubber antenna.

If u live in south fl its good to have one as far as electronics they have to be protected Vaseline helps a lot

What about the interior though. If your going in water halfway up the door then it's bound to get in no?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! Mine is angled a bit more which is why I had to cut the bracket.

imageyoye.jpg

As for water getting in through the doors, the best thing is to get out of the hole before it does :D

Back