My old '95 trying again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My old '95 trying again

My Old '95

This still may not work, but here goes. I've got one more idea if it doesn't work. Bear with me.
Here's some before (before the tires, and wreck) I painted the grill myself!!
download.dll

download.dll

download.dll

And after...
download.dll

download.dll

download.dll

note the bent up floor board...
download.dll

Nice tires though!!

[Edited by jwrezz on 02-01-2001 at 08:14 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well if u want to get rid of those tires ill gladly take them off ur hands

Ouch! Poor thing! I hope everyone was okay....How'd it happen? What's it gonna take to fix?
Pete

The afters were taken in July. The truck was totalled the frame was a mess, and the floor, roof and all 4 door frames were bent up. Insurance said "no way" and gave me a check for 13 grand. So I found a new better one for 12. And yes, I'm putting the BFG's on my new one. I got the OME springs, and I'm gonna order the shock mount skids from Mark Trains. Hope to have it all done for the spring. The accident happened while responding to a fire. I was T boned by an Airborn Express van. He stopped to let me go when he saw my emergency lites, then (as far as I can tell) he just put his foot down on gas (I think he saw $$$ and some time off). Any way I had many witnesses and from the cops view of it I wasn't at fault (but neither was he). Niether of us was injured. My insurance didn't go up, and they still love me as a customer so I guess all is well. I even got a newer XLT out of it ('96). I'm just glad I finally took the plunge and learned how to post pics on this site. I've got some of my new one (befores for now). Adios,

I've got a Black 97 XLT that looks just like your former truck. Just curious...I noticed you said you painted the grill yourself...it looks nice, what did you use and how did you do it? I am trying to decide whether to go that route or not.

Can you still get parts from it?? If so, did it have the overhead console?? I noticed that your interior is grey and so is mine. If it has one and you can get it, I'd like to have the console, along with the temp sensor from the bumper. Thanks.

Ouch! That hurts to look at Same as mine!

That looks as if it would be totalled. It gives me hebegebees to look at. I see it I see mine. Will be posting pictures of mine soon.

Truck's gone, my insurance's salvage yard said it was sold to some guy almost as quick as they got it in. they suppose it's already back on the road some where. Didn't have an overhead console any way. I pulled temp, o2, and other little electrical sensors/senders out before the flat bed came.

The grill, ah yes. I went to home depot and got lots of sanding supplies, 4 cans of primer, and 6 cans of gloss black, and 6 cans of gloss clear. Took the grill off, laid it on some news papers on my deck, and voila. I'm proud, it really came out good, even up close. For my new one (medium willow green) I actually went to a paint shop got all the stuff and spayed it on my self, even w/ metalic and an outside paint job that came out fine too! Who says painting is really difficult? Not me. Now it's not perfect, but if I had a clean air booth I bet it'd be close!

Very glad no one got hurt.

RIP to your old Explorer. A moment of silense, please...

Damm too bad that happened back in July b/c I was going to ask if I could by some parts from you.

Back