DSCN7318.jpg

0707075.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

07070711.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00589-1.jpg

My old girl got down & dirty regulary until my Mrs rolled it so I had to get a new one, Mrs came out with bumbs & bruises & a bit of shock & is okay luckily. :roll::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm into that front bumper... looks sick! You could mow some deer with that mother

You are talking about the one on my white 2000 aren't you? LOL. Don't you have these ones over there? They come as a saleyard accesory over here, even has the "GENUINE FORD ACCESSORY" sticker on it :thumbsup:. Only alloy though but they are a winch bar.:D The mounting plates are about 1" thick & the rest 1/2" thick. The alloy is stronger than the steel mounting plates though (same as for bumper) as I nudged against a rock a bit harder than I should have with the bottom radiator guard & bent them not the alloy.

Would you sell the motor out of the 98?

101_0096.jpg

DSCN7318.jpg

0707075.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

07070711.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00589-1.jpg

My old girl got down & dirty regulary until my Mrs rolled it so I had to get a new one, Mrs came out with bumbs & bruises & a bit of shock & is okay luckily. :roll::D

Nevermind, I just woke up LOL I just noticed you are down under. Thanks anyway.

ur 2000 xlt looks like an eddie baurer cause of the white and tan

ur 2000 xlt looks like an eddie baurer cause of the white and tan

Nearly everyone you see down here are a 2 tone, in fact the 1st all same colour one I've seen was only yesterday at the local shops. I was talking to the owner & he's another X convert who has owned 2, a 98 & his current 2000, same as me. He also (as I do) reckon the 98 was a better all round, read 4wd, than the 2000.
What is an Eddie Baurer anyway? I've read a lot about them on here, I know about XL, XLT (which mine is) & Unlimited's. :D

eddie baurer is like the two tone u got white and tan or u can get it in black and tan and green and tan.

Its like the 2nd top of the line model the top top of the line model explorer is the limited

So my old 98 maroon & grey would have been one then (maybe?), it had; 2 electric front seats, 6 stacker cd, 3rd row rear seats. Whereas my 2000 only has driver's electric seat, both are/were badged XLT.

Theres
-Sport
-XL
-XLT
-Eddie Bauer
-Limited

Eddie bauer basically is all leather, usually a tan interior,
both power seats, usually a moonroof, cd changer, etc etc

What happened to your first explrorer man? In the pic its all nice, and then its rolled!

Its called "a wife" LOL, she rolled it going from tar to dirt. Hit the corrugations hard, started to fish-tail & picture tells the rest.

Ahhh dang lol....i read about wives and gf's rolling, and totalling explorers too much on here! lol

& some new pics

101B2661.jpg

Attachments

• 101B2663.jpg
    101B2663.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,799

My Down & Dirty X's

& another

Attachments

• 101_2592.jpg
    101_2592.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 101B2622.jpg
    101B2622.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,785

Did a little bit of damage to the rear of the side-step (drivers side or r/h/side) which I didn't even notice till I hit the car wash.
Mrs hasn't noticed it yet so alls good LOLOL :D

Thinking about putting in a Lokka (auto) Diff in the rear, I think you guys over there call them Aussie Lockers or similar.
Anybody done this if so how'd it go?

Who makes rear tire carrier on your new explorer and your window wind deflectors/ visors? Are the visors mainly meant for offroad use? Thanks

-Marc

Thinking about putting in a Lokka (auto) Diff in the rear, I think you guys over there call them Aussie Lockers or similar.
Anybody done this if so how'd it go?

You will like the Aussie locker--:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who makes rear tire carrier on your new explorer and your window wind deflectors/ visors? Are the visors mainly meant for offroad use? Thanks

-Marc

It was made by a local (Aussie) 4wd accessories mega-store, TJM, but they don't do them anymore. The door visors where from just your run of the mill parts store although I think the halfsize ones are all you can get now. My 2nd fuel tank was made by Outback Accessories but again are no longer made, as is any aftermarket stuff.
It's a real pain in the ass trying to find any shop with getting even the simple things like brake pads, exhausts & any other simple replacement part. For example a rear side window will cost in excess of $4000 & then could take weeks to get from the States.
But I, like a few others over here, like them none the less

Back