my old friend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my old friend

Hi my name is Charles im from Milford Delaware my truck is a 97 explorer sport with 260000 miles on the 4.0 sohc I had the 5r55e rebuilt did the 4405 myself then the 4.10 rear I have owned it for 7 years rebuilt the front end ball joints sway bars ect used energy susp urithane Monroe coilover shocks rear rolling on 31 x 10.5 bfg all terrains handles like a sports car but still awesome in snow an mud now im starting my 5.0 swap using a stock 99 mounty motor an trans with a bw4406 manual t case magnaflow 2.5 stainless direct fit cats ball flanges and a dual in dual out muffler with ranger tailpipes all 2.5 stainless magnaflow and im reusing my specter cold air I have pics in my Droid tablet but im not much of a computer guy an cant figure out how to post them lol:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To post the pics join a site like photobucket.com and just link them over here in a post. Photobucket has an app for iPhone/iPad so I would guess they have one for the droid too

u got pics of it

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted been busy working on it I think I have everything ready just finished the motor and I found a ecu for a non pats 97 5.0 ex so as soon as I get time I will sign up to elite an post all my pics I can tell u my truck looks pretty plain just a 99 front bumper black with crime corners and a99 tailgate swap an mine was black with the big grey flairs an step bars so I painted the flairs gloss black an ****canned the step bars they rusted out yay east coast lol and I ditched the ugly crome 16s for the aluminum tear drop rims I am not goin baha style cause I live in Delaware lol its a 4x4 but its also a sleeper ive been spankin tuners an stock v6 cars for years

Hey guys I knw its been a long time still no progress been busy Workin on other peoples junk hopefully do my swap soon sucks im not gonna have it to go to Carlisle if I even get to go at all which also sucks because my mentor and friends are doin an unviel on a very rare 63 f-100 factory race truck long story do a Google on it. Anyway hope to get on my rig soon money is tight and I gotta wait my turn in the shop so I'll post on it ass soon as I can do the search on that truck its pretty awesome me and my friends are ford people and u guys would cry if u could see the rides and parts and history my buds have stashed away in crappy little Delaware.

Just figured id give an update. Got all the sohc gear pulled out got some new AC parts in place and new PS lines on the rack just need to figure out the plug differences then I'll start assembly. Any help with the wiring would be great and I will be selling the sohc stuff if anyone is interested.

Back