My photos/schematics/diagrams still available. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My photos/schematics/diagrams still available.

swap

hey steve th swap is going well. gonna make noise pretty soon. wiring done and double checked... time to turn th key- after i go get oil...e.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey steve th swap is going well. gonna make noise pretty soon. wiring done and double checked... time to turn th key- after i go get oil...e.

Hope it goes well. :)

any chance I can get the wiring diagram for the high series center console for a 2004 sport trac? just picked one up but this one has no radio controls on the back. just the power point and fan motor. don't want to screw this up and want to make sure its all right

thanks

Wasn't aware they made one without radio controls. Did this come out of the sport track or out of a standard explorer?

Got it from a 2004 Sport Trac from a wrecker. Good find because I didnt want one with non functioning radio buttons. I've seen the wiring for the one with the radio controls. This one has a black, yellow, red black stripe , and black red stripe.

Those are the nice ones, I like the consoles without the rear radio controls myself. I can't find those wire colors though other than black on any auto data website. Did you clip the wires before or after the connector, or just unplug it from the dash connector?

I cut it after so I got both ends of the connectors. SCORE !

This may help some
(dead links)

42 pin connector pinout

ncranchero,

Do you have a pinout diagram for a 02 sport trac and a 99 explorer 5.0 for the 42 pin connector? I am in the middle of a swapping the 99 5.0 into the 02 sport trac and I can't get it to turn over with the key. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Robert

You might want to talk to RangerSVT as he has already swapped a 5.0 into his 02 Sport Trac,and has a writeup about it, and besides the 42 pin connector you will also have some wiring differences in the alternator/ac wiring connector as well. The Explorer C115 and Sport Trac C110 will have to swap some wires as well as with the Explorer C125, and Sport Trac C139 connector. It's not to difficult just time consuming. I helped a couple guys with a wiring swap for a 5.0 , one into a 01 Sport Trac the other into an 01 Sport, just takes a little time to do.

Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I need to do. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would tell me which wires need to be switched? Maybe RangerSVT?

Thanks

This may help you out below, but you will also need to remove and ground 1 wire for the starter to work. Circuit 325 DB/OG should be Pin 28 on your Sport Trac's C110 - 42 pin connector that wire will have to be removed and grounded for the starter to work. You may note to that you will need to swap a wire for your tach to read properly, and either swap abs modules with the g-sensor or get an aftermarket module for your speedometer to work as well.
(dead links)

Are you running the Explorer 5.0 Pats B in your Sport Trac? If so that will involve extra wiring as well to get it to run. Your theft light will no longer blink as well because Pats B and Pats E are different, Pats B uses a positive pulse, but Pats E uses a negative pulse for the theft light, there is a way to fix that as well though. If your good with wiring diagrams and electrical it shouldn't be to much of a headache.

Thank you that does help, I think I have the C139 connector figured out. I will ground the pin 28 on the sport trac C110 for the starter to work next. Do you know if that same pin 28 has anything to do with the fuel pump, because I don't hear it running when I turn the key on. For the PATs I am not sure which one it is, the ECU came from a 99 explorer, are you familiar with the wiring to fix the PATS?

Thank You

Ill have to go through all my wiring diagrams but I believe I have the wiring information for Pats B and Pats E, and how to do the swap from Pats E to Pats B. That pin 28 - circuit 325 DB/OG is for the starter not fuel pump, for Pats E that wire is grounded by the PCM, but with Pats B it is just normally grounded, because with PATS E the Pats is integrated into the PCM, but with PATS B you have a separate module.

Ill look through my wiring diagrams for Pats, and post it up, but Pats does disable the fuel pump I am pretty sure. Do you have the donor vehicle the 5.0 drivetrain came out of?

Do you have an email? I can send you the information for Pats B, and Pats E, how to swap from Pats E to B, and also how to fix the theft light issue as well.

Ok here is the Pats wiring diagram between the 02 Sport Trac and the 99 Explorer, to work you will need the transceiver, and Pats module with wiring from the donor 99 Explorer. You will have to do some rewiring but its not to bad.
(dead links)

I do not have the donor explorer anymore, but I do have a 97 5.0 PCM. Do you think the 97 PCM would work or would I need to change all the sensors? I really do appreciate all the information.

Robert

I grounded out PIN 28 on the C110 but it still does not turn over. Do you have a write up on the other pins I need to change on the C110 connector?

Thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you swapping the 99 5.0 into a 2002 or 2001, cause your info says your Sport Trac is a 2001. Pats E disables the starter in the PCM, Pin 28 circuit 325 DB/OG acts as a ground for the starter with Pats E, without the correct key, the engine will not crank over, which is why with a 5.0 swap that wire must be removed and grounded for the starter to work properly.

You installed the 99 5.0 and 99 PCM, what wiring have you done so far? The 97 PCM does not have Pats but also the fuel system is different than that of the 99 as well, the 99 is a returnless fuel setup and 97 is the return style. There will be some pins on the C110 and C139 connector both that need to be changed.

Still if the wiring is all done correctly the engine should at least crank over but will not run as long as Pats is an issue. You will need the Pats transceiver and module with wiring from the 99 Explorer, or you will have to disable Pats in the PCM tune.

I can help you with the wiring, but I am not sure if the 97 PCM will work well with the 99 5.0 setup, it would be easier to just disable Pats in the 99 PCM if you can.

Back