my PIAA burnt out ... where to get replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my PIAA burnt out ... where to get replacement?

Hey... I have the PIAA 520 series fog lights. One of the bulbs burnt out. Does any one know where I can get a replacement? I'de rather buy 1 than 2.

I'm sure it is a PIAA H3 bulb, but I don't know the tint of the bulb... there are about 4 types on PIAA's website. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may want to send an e-mail to mattadams. He is the king of PIAA. ;)

you should be able to take it to anywhere that sells PIAA products. If not you can send it to me and I'll get you a replacement, just include enough for return shipping.

by the way, you have the standard H3 bulb. If you have had them less then a year then the bulbs are still under warranty. They show several H3's on the PIAA website (Dead Link Removed) but the one you have is part #13085

Thanks Matt... you are the King...

I already took out the bulb and the filament is cracked. I know they are over a year old too. I'm not sure where to get a replacement around here... can you get me one?? How much $$? Thanks Matt.

If you want to you can ship it to me, I'll try and pull some strings. Or if you prefer you can just pick up any H3 bulbs at Pep Boys or whatever. Either way it'll end up costin ya around $5 (either $5 for me to try and get one shipped back to you or $5 for a new bulb from pep boys)

So there is no reason I should spend the extra money for the PIAA brand H3 bulb? Any generic brand is going to give me the same results?

well the PIAA stock H3 bulb is pretty much the same as the other H3's you'll find. The better H3's are the ones that they have that are seperate, for example the superwhite H3's, ion chronic H3's, etc.

huh ... good to know... as always, thanks for your help. I'll be heading to Autozone as soon as the X gets back from the dealer.

Back