My prerunner rear bumper design.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My prerunner rear bumper design....

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hey everyone....I just CADed an idea for a prerunner rear bumper to match my James Duff front bumper. Not to scale, but looks good I think. I either want a 2" reciever between the tubes, or below them, but I don't want to exceed 2" between the tubes. Also need a license plate bracket in the middle. What do you think.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guy send me a copy of that file in AutoCAD 2000. I'd like to play with it.

It was created with Pro Engineer, I don't think I can convert to Autocad. Its not to scale or anything so you could whip it up quick. I used 66" wide, 2" tube, 2" in between, 40" between frame mounts because I didn't feel like going out in the dark and measuring.

I think it looks good. Nice and clean.

When you do your license plate mount, make sure you put in provisions for lighting the plate (Most states with inspection require it). I'd put the receiver tube between the bars and maybe add rocker protection to the ends of it. Maybe make them bolt on. Just a thought......

Looks good. We use Pro-E here at work too. You should be able to convert a copy to a DXF file that Autocad can open.

I just ziptied my plate and a new plate light to my bumper and it works great! It helps to have a solid metal plate frame if you're gonna just ziptie it. Walmart had a nice chrome plate light (not pictured) for about $6.

Dead Link Removed

BTW, CoryL could probably make that for you easily and for a great price. It's similar to his existing designs and he already knows how to make the brackets and incorporate the hitch.

Good call Alec, I already email him....thanks.

Sorry about that, I made an assumption that it was drawn using AutoCAD. Anyway he is right just save a DXF file and send it to me via email to carpenters@gci.net I have been wanting to add a bumper like this but don't like the space left by removing old bumper. I was hoping to see how I could modify your design to make it look cleaner and add the spare tire carrier

Back