My Quest for 30 lives on ..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Quest for 30 lives on .....

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
The thread, My Quest for 30, just happened to reside in a forum that has been closed, therefore, its life shall begin anew at this location.

For anyone interested in obtaining maximum gas mileage, the closed thread, My Quest for 30, resided at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44372&highlight=quest

A quote from the first post of the thread: Since I first purchased my Explorer, I have set a goal of 30 MPG.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you use 2oz of acetone to a full tank?

30 mpg is something id probably never acheive with my truck

Yesterday day i filled up at 230 miles after my last fill up. I topped off the tank 10 gallons! this was directly after a re-gearing

200k miles on the truck and im gettin 23mpg, thats definatly an achievement for me hah.

I wonder what Aldive can do with a hybrid vehicle? He could probably get 100mpg :)

aldive, love the thread and look forward to reading the rest of it soon.

Thought this might be interesting to people following this thread. Apparently, biodiesel does wonders in a gas engine.
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#gas
They talk about 2 stroke engines at first, then they talk about 4 stroke engines. Although Wal-Mart brand pure vegetable oil is NOT biodiesel, I have added 96 ozs. to 17 gallons in my XLT and recieved an increase in performance and a smoother running ride. I'm thinking my O2 sensor is faulting, because I went from an average 15-17 mpg to 13 recently, with a rougher running engine. The pure veggie oil smoothed it out.

Also, read the link about maintenance and read the suggestion about using a vaccuum line to pipe in hot water. Wow, that lazy lifter is quiet now....

Back