my ranger finally made it from mexico take a look!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my ranger finally made it from mexico take a look!!!

big5dogg

Reaction score
City, State
newark california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer 2dr. 4.0
i finally made from mexico heres my ford ranger 2006, 2wd,5 manual,2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine,
next week ill try to register it hopefully its not a pain
tell me what u think about it

Attachments

• SDC10247 (800x600).jpg
    SDC10247 (800x600).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 12,289
  • SDC10248 (800x600).jpg
    SDC10248 (800x600).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 8,614
  • SDC10249 (800x600).jpg
    SDC10249 (800x600).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8,725
  • SDC10250 (800x600).jpg
    SDC10250 (800x600).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 8,046

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so thats a mexican ranger?
haha
well i like the headlights, and taillights, but that interior is like so plain i guess you'd say, not even power windows!?

and that back window makes it look weird, i like the american rangers better llol

other than that its looks like its in mint condition lol
i bet that things cheap as hell to insure haha

...Subscribing...:biggthump

....I'm sure there will be a lot of questions asked about this one...I have a couple....

...Why the 2.3L instead of a diesel?
...What was the cost of this vehicle??

...And most importantly, we all want to know what it took to get the Ranger and all about the paperwork you are about to do...:popcorn:

...BrianDye, no need for bashing...:rolleyes:

yeah this truck doesnt pretty much have anything powered like windows etc. not even air bags bought back in 2006 but it was just sitting over in mexico now ill problably drive to work

well it looks like its brand new basically, interior looks super clean im sure it'l be a good truck

i thought it had the airbags though cus its got the cut-out on the passenger side dash for it

...Subscribing...:biggthump

....I'm sure there will be a lot of questions asked about this one...I have a couple....

...Why the 2.3L instead of a diesel?
...What was the cost of this vehicle??

...And most importantly, we all want to know what it took to get the Ranger and all about the paperwork you are about to do...:popcorn:

...BrianDye, no need for bashing...:rolleyes:

2.3l is the only type of engine they have over in mexico not even a 4.0
cost was about 13 thousand
i was planning way back in 2006 to stay in mexico for about 6 months so i just dicided to get the ranger ford over there is actually pretty good same with nissan everything else mostly breaks down quick like lol
paperwork i just have to register it, do a smog inspection and the rest should be easy i think it should pass smog

no guys my bad lol i didnt mean it in a "bashing" type of way, i worded it wrong lol
i think it would be a great truck though

Subscribing i wanna see this how this goes over with the DMV as far as the paperwork/smog is concerned.

So you have to run it through a import/export places or did you just drive across and then home?

yeah i was wondering how that worked too,
seems like it'd be a little tough

Subscribing i wanna see this how this goes over with the DMV as far as the paperwork/smog is concerned.

So you have to run it through a import/export places or did you just drive across and then home?

i had to run it trough an import place over in the texas border they just gave me a us custom certificate that when i go with the dmv i have to show to them telling them that it meets with epa us and california regulations ill register it next week see how it goes

http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/homevehicle.asp?idModel=RAN

It's a work truck, not suppossed to be nice and comfy you can get a Limited or XLT if you want power windows, locks, etc, but it costs twice as much

Where in Texas did you cross it? you drove it all the way from Veracruz to California?? how many miles?
Nice clean truck I wanted to buy one but I got my 02 Explorer instead :D

Very clean looking. No power windows and stuff to break down:thumbsup:
what are your plans for it? lifted? lowered? or something totally off-the-wall?

I like it! Love the crewcab... Very nice! I also like the better tailgate handle- looks a little beefier than the US models.

yeah i drove it all the way from veracruz right now it has 11651 km i really dont have plans for it right now but when i register it ill problably put bigger tires on it

heres a pic from the dash

Attachments

• SDC10251 (800x600).jpg
    SDC10251 (800x600).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 7,765

I love that crew cab!

I'd take no air bags, too.

Otherwise, it's pretty much a Ranger.

Wonder if I can a cab swap on mine....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i went to the dmv today they gave it a small inspection and they told me that it needs that sticker that one that says about the epa regulations in california they told me i could get it at a mexican ford dealer ill give them a call tommorow to see if they can mail it to me

Back