• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My Rant About My Sunday!!

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
[rant on]

Sunday is MY day!!

I have three goals for my Sundays; sleep late, do nothing all day, and cook a good dinner. Simple! As much as possible, ANY weekend projects I have are done completely on Saturday, so that I may do nothing on Sunday. It is MY day, my day to SIT and enjoy it!!

Today was looking great, just as it should. I had nothing planned, and that was all that was needed. Goal #1 accomplished.............crawled out of bed at about 11am. :D Head to the kitchen and make up some waffles. About 15 minutes later, the wife walks in and says, "I think I screwed up." Um, huh? She continues, "I was flushing the toilet, just as I was grabbing for some makeup, and I dropped a bottle of blush in................and now the toilet flushes slow" Ya think?!?!

So now, my "do nothing" Sunday turns into a "pull up the toilet, unclog it, and replace the toilet" day. :rolleyes: So, a good 'ol trip to Lowes becomes the plan. Ah, Lowes, I LOVE trips to Lowes on the weekend. A nickel's worth of free advice to the owners of Lowes, you could have saved A LOT of "start up" capital and retail space by NOT installing the 15 registers up front.........................since NEVER have more than 5 of those registers actually been manned by humans!!!!! As usual, on a Sunday (2nd most popular day of the week to do home improvement projects), the local Lowes has 4 open registers. The usual "Code 3 at the front of the store" announcement is being yapped over the intercom every 3 minutes, but no Lowes employee cares about that crap!! So, after 5 minutes of shopping, and 25 minutes in line, I escape Lowes with a couple of wax rings, new supply line, and toilet bolts.

[side rant for Lowes. you could have also saved a bunch of dough by not installing those "assistance needed in the bla-bla-bla section" doorbell thingies!!!! your employees are immune to this jabber!!! they don't care!!]

Well, there is a Kroger (grocery store) directly next store to the Lowes, so I decide to go by there for dinner stuff. We pulled some ground beef out for dinner, and the wife had threatened spaghetti (I HATE spaghetti), so Lasagne popped in my head as a dinner alternative. I grab a box of "Muellers" lasagne, look at the recipe on the box, and buy the ingredients I need. Apparently the management team of Lowes runs this Kroger also, because, of the 12 check-outs that exist in that store, 4 were open, and NONE of them being "Express." So, once again, 5 minutes of shopping leads to a long wait to pay..............and customers basically have to bag their own groceries.

Get home, pull the toilet up. I don't care what anyone says, working on something, that your ass has farted and pooped in hundreds of times, just is NOT fun!!! The bolts are rusted on, of course, so lots of work with a wrench and vise-grips luckily gets them off. Then, of course, one of the bolts is "rigged" into the flange because the cast flange broke many years ago, so I have to reuse the now screwed-up (vise grips do that) existing bolt. Bla bla bla, get the toilet off, unclog it, new ring installed, new bolt on, replace the toilet.

The guilty party:
8799toilet_clog.jpg

Then, dinner prep time rolls around. Now, I have made a few lasagnes in my life, and all were pretty good..............until tonight. My fault tonight was following the recipe on the Muellers box. :rolleyes: Let's take a look at that recipe:

8799muellers-med.jpg

Now, reread that, and pay attention to what you are supposed to do with the "cheese" mixture that you made in the bowl..........................did ya get it? Yep, the lasagne recipe on the back of the box of "America's Favorite Pasta" is incomplete!!! If you follwed that recipe to the letter, you would end up with a dish of meat sauce and noodle layers.............and a bowl of cheese mix. Now, when I noticed this, I could have grabbed a cookbook with a REAL lasagne recipe in it, but I decided to just look at the picture and put the cheese where they showed it. Well, 50 minutes later, I got a dish of mush! The recipe sucks!! After trying to eat this disaster, I check their recipe against a real recipe, and the differences are noticable. :thumbdwn:

So, for my 3 goals of a Sunday, I accomplished 1.................and that was the easy one. :p

[rant off]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I wish there was something I could do to help... :p

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
"Look at me I'm Robb I am an attention whore"

Same thing you said to me when I ranted, hypocrite.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
It's true! Canadians never let things go!

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
huskyfan23 said:
It's true! Canadians never let things go!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and a good lasagna takes more than 30 min to create, i just dont trust thoes frozen meal thype things

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Silverblade said:

We've talked about letting this go Silver, I asked that you level with me and you told me you were done dragging it up.

Banned for 2 weeks. See you on the 24th and we'll see how it goes from there.

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Silverblade said:

The EUTUS section of this forum is open for threads that don't fit other categories, the only thing we ask is that they abide by the rules of the forum and of the section of the forum. Here is the forum's description from the main page.. "A general forum for whatever you would like to post. Humor, anecdotes, non-controversial news items, etc."

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
Well you could have peed outside and fixed it tomorrow. ;)

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Haha on the "assistance needed" doorbells. Sure, I pushed them when they first came out. I was in there yesterday and some one in the mini-blinds section, NO JOKE, pressed the button for at least 15 minutes. Then of course, the woman in front of me in the line bought a drill and insisted that it be "bagged". Well they didn't have a big enough bag so she had to go find one.

snowburns

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I'd throw the makeup out....

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
As punishment she should have to use all the makeup. :D

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
I hear ya working on the poop chute.

Just got done remodeling my bathroom...The toilet was by far the grossest part of the job.

Crankcase

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XL Ex-Police
I can't believe you posted a pic of something that has been in the receiving part of your toilet! :fart:

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
if that was at tom's place, it would have come up out of the tub. or all over the wall at stephens place.

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
The rant was so long, Robb lost me right after "Simple!". :D

AspenX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
Robb you should tell your wife that when you got the bottle out the lid was loose and full of water. :D And of course you thoughtfully poured it off for her.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
Blee1099 said:
The EUTUS section of this forum is open for threads that don't fit other categories, the only thing we ask is that they abide by the rules of the forum and of the section of the forum. Here is the forum's description from the main page.. "A general forum for whatever you would like to post. Humor, anecdotes, non-controversial news items, etc."

What is EUTUS? (Everything Under The Sun) Fix your sig :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

davidmmm69

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
you have to expect that with retail. i peronally can not stand Lowes. while living in florida there were 3 of them within a 20 minute drive of my house and never had anything i went for then across the street home depot had it all.
anyway unless it is a weekend before xmas there is never going to be all registers manned it just isn;t financially feasable i assume for the store to pay that many more people to stand there...
in florida they all have self checkouts which 90% of the time work perfect adn fast..
I love self checkouts at times...