• Register Today It's free!

my rear end

zerokool

Reaction score
City, State
NWFL
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited
first off hahahaha you're looking at my rear end! OK I'm new to the forum. I'd take my time to do the intro thing but I'm in between classes here at the college and had a question about the diff on my 03.

Now I've def done my research on the whole whinning issue our trucks have and took it the the mechanic and long story short, got the gears and spider gears replaced. On the way home the noise was still there, not quite as prominant, but still def noticable. Also, I've done a little more research and I believe that some bushings in the suspension may have gone bad. When I hit the has it pulls to the right and when I let off, it pulls quick to the left and straightens out.

Now my question is....Has anyone had their diff replaced and had the noise come right back? I know some go for about 30k and do. If so, what causes the immediate noise? Also, what could be causing my pulling problem? This is my first time dealing with independant rear ends. Thanks

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my rear end. Did you ONLY replace the gears? What about the bearings? One of my bearings went bad, started to disintigrate and shot metal all over the inside of my rear end.

Well I had a shop do mine. They got a rebuild kit from ford because of a specific gear ratio. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was all the internal bearings and the gears, plus spiders since mine were wore out. I'll keep you posted when I hear back from them and also ask what was in the rebuild kit.

Back