My rear power window is not working, and it's falling down. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My rear power window is not working, and it's falling down.

tngirlns

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Hi,
We are not having any luck. Our rear power window stopped working and is falling down slowly on it's own. We can manually push it up though. We can hear the motor we believe when we push the power button. Our conclusion is that it is the window regulator. However, I cannot find just the regulator without the motor and for the REAR. Please, if anyone can shed some light and help us out with what direction to go in. Thank you all very much for your time.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup, regulator. If not than it is the motor...

welcome

Hi,
We are not having any luck. Our rear power window stopped working and is falling down slowly on it's own. We can manually push it up though. We can hear the motor we believe when we push the power button. Our conclusion is that it is the window regulator. However, I cannot find just the regulator without the motor and for the REAR. Please, if anyone can shed some light and help us out with what direction to go in. Thank you all very much for your time.:salute:

Welcome to the forum! :salute:

Here is a great thread for replacing the window regulator, thanks to Dr_Z for this great link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243401

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

Does anyone know where I can purchase a REAR window regulator for my 02 Explorer? I have spent the past two days searching all over. All that I can find is a front window regulator. Please, if anyone knows what I can do and where else to look please let me know. Thank you.

Back