My Ride... Here's what you've all been waiting for!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ride... Here's what you've all been waiting for!!

Iceking007

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer Sport
Ok Gang... so I'm not sure how to add my pictures up like yours it won't let me add them to my profile so I guess I just can add them in the forum like this... I'll try to keep it down to just a few... but I am a photographer so I have lots!! lol hope you like them!:p::salute:
......... And then ......... NOW as I'm trying to add pictures for you guys I can'l lmao... well Guess you'll have to wait even longer sorry... maybe by then it will have change even more lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey there fellow albertan,

You could always make an album on http://www.photobucket.com if you wanted, you can link directly to them too.

Hay finnally I found some one who lives in Alberta lol... who will talk to me... I hear there are lots of places to wheel down neer calgary is this true?? how often do you get out?? any thing that you know closer to Edmonton or even in the rockies... I want to get out and do some but I'm a beginner... haven't done much

I know what you mean mine is a daily driver also but don't want to get stuck... lol do you have pictures

where the pics of ur x at

I don't have any pictures of my Explorer online yet.... maybe later I'll pay the money to let me share pictures but for right now I won't... found out thats what's holding me back... apparently you have to pay?! who knew lol

No you dont have to pay anything. Places like imageshack and what not are free, you just upload your photos to them and then copy and paste the code they give you to the forum and voila.

I don't have any pictures of my Explorer online yet.... maybe later I'll pay the money to let me share pictures but for right now I won't... found out thats what's holding me back... apparently you have to pay?! who knew lol

Like mentioned in post #2 you don't need to pay... you just need to find an on-line site to host your pictures. One of the benefits of becoming an elite member of this site (ie Paying) is the site will host your pics)

That being said you have no excuse not to add pictures... We are anxiously awaiting...

:ttiwwp:

Ok ok I'll go to photo bucket.... Stop Heckling me....... lol jk

lol iceking

Ok There Here

Alright Guys sorry about that... the pictures of my "Project" are here... Please note these are all taken with only 5Meg Pix Digi camera, they do not do my truck justice; Some night time pictures are very dark as you know the aperature doesn't work quite as well as a human eye. I am planning on also adding a short video showing how well my lights work it will be on that page also with videos not pictures, but the video is super dark, I show the comparison btw Stock (GE Night Hawk) Hedlamps and then I turn on my Euro Beams and then my Pencil Beams, you can see sign reflection from over 2KM's away as clocked by me in my speedo... Yes I said OVER 2 kms or more than 1.25 Miles The Video is at Hwy Speed taken Oct of 2007 heading west from Winnipeg to Edmonton (I believe this is near Lloydminister some where. Hope you Enjoy and there is more to come hoping for a winch next fall and Lift in around a year from now and when I have time a rear tirecarrier/ bumper all custom and might add rock sliders this summer. Thanks for looking!! :p::salute:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg260/Iceking007/Truck Pictures/
I think this will take you there I added quite a few and most have descriptions I will try to add the video now!

Thanks for posting the pics.. I really like the Hella's they throw lots of light at a decent price.. The bull bar is fine, but IMO it is too low for more aggressive trails.. The Explorer's departure angle is bad to begin with; most people would keep grill guards, bull bars at the same height as the bumper..

Yes I know it severly lowers my approch angle however when I install my 5" lift and a set of 33's then it shall be greatly imporved. I wouldn't say it is poor to begin with maybe average... this is only half the bush bar I was planning on building in the first part and still may add to it however it was thought up prior to "offroading" was ever in mind it was just for travelling so I may redesign it however its hard unless you incorporate the front bumper due to that fact that it tightly wraps around my bumper withought compromising its strength. I would say the angle is poor due to the fact that it is so low... time can only tell once I get on the trail more and install the lift and see if it will work for me....... right now its an awsome hwy vehicle (except fuel consumption):p::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back