• Register Today It's free!

my ride

chrisx

Reaction score
City, State
Nassau, Bahamas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer limited
Hey guys, just got my new to me but 2011 ford explorer limited. So far I have tinted the windows and tinted the tail lights, painted the calipers and put on some new shoes. Future mods are Explorer lettering on hood, H & R springs and painting the bottom plastic to color match. Sorry for just one pic, was in a hurry to ship home to the bahamas. Let me know what yall think and any other mods that I should do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a65el6cvsxg5ir/20140530_153034.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. What size tires are those?

Kevin

Thanks Smitty814 there nitro 285-40-22

That photo looks fake for some reason like it's doctored? Looks good though not saying it is it just looks odd! Great looking truck and funny lighting or something! :D

Nice looking truck , it's going to look mean with a drop.

These look like Vossen's ... Right?

Hey 3FordFamily, Must be the lighting but she is real....lol. The wheels are vossen cv3 22x10.5.

Looks great. What size tires are those?

Kevin
With those tire sizes you are slightly exceeding the generally accepted 3% diameter difference. The difference is 3.12%. The greater the diameter variance, the more strain it places on the OEM brakes resulting in possible brake failure. That is the warning that pops up on the 1010tires site when OEM and new tire sizes are input. Just saying.

Peter

Thanks Peter, like my 02 I had will upgrade the brake system also.

With those tire sizes you are slightly exceeding the generally accepted 3% diameter difference. The difference is 3.12%. The greater the diameter variance, the more strain it places on the OEM brakes resulting in possible brake failure. That is the warning that pops up on the 1010tires site when OEM and new tire sizes are input. Just saying.

Peter

My 2003 had 295/35/24 on it for 5 years and never had any issues.

Just my .02.

By the way, I have three shelties, just put down my fourth :(

Back