my rim size ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my rim size ???

I was wondering i have a 91 EB explorer 4x4 with the stock tires and rims the twisted 5 spoke i think they are called with the firestone 235's i think they are? what size is the rim the tire store guy said i cant run 32's on my rims? he didnt go out and look but i told him i hvae a 91 explorer with stock wheels? i want some 32x11.50's. will it fit my rim?

Yes they will fit. Not sure if they will guarantee them though with putting an 11.50" tire on a 7" rim. They would warantee mine when i put 7" alcoas, with 32/11.50" They told me to put them on an 8 inch wheel. Many people put 32/11.50s on a 7" wheel though, because it keeps them pretty square. Well anyway, yes they will fit, lol.

Happy Wheelin'

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

'92 XLT Modified

thanks FENDERGUY<
any one else care to help me out and give me there opinion on this or have done it themselves?. they wont pop off the rim will they?

No they wont pop off. Tire Mfrs have recommended wheel widths for their tires and tire dealers dont like to go outside the recommendations. I know a lot of people who have run the 32/11.50s and even 33/12.50's on 7" wide rims. Some like the narrow rim to protect the wheel from trail damage. May crown the tread a little, and make the handling a little touchy since the designed tread is not on the road. All you have to do is find a dealer who will mount them for you- they may make you responsible IE; no warranty or service since its outside the mfrs recommendations.

Good luck.

------------------
Steve VB
91 Navajo
2 1/2" Rancho,
31" Goodyear AT/S

Back