my rool in the snow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my rool in the snow

I think it is out of shame that i have not posted this yet. Last winter i rooled my 96 X up in northern Michagin. It rooled over two ful times and landed back on the wheels. I had a truck pull me out of the ditch and we drove away. the problem is i dont know wether i should sell it or just fix it up and make myself a nice 4x4. All the inturnal stuff is great and so its down to the exterior. i cant get the picks to come up but if i can ill let you all see them. i had about $800 inwork done to get the major stuff out of the way did some myself and its looking much better. i might just have it fixed a little and some paint (that and duct tape will fix just aobut everything) if you guys can give me a little info on pros and cons, maybe some things lurking in my truck waiting till im out on a trail till it fails i would apreciate it. also this isnt the place for it but i made a 1/2 in thick bye 3 in lexan roof rack that some of you might be intrested in seeing, its not mounted yeet but pretty wicked. thanx for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How bad did the roof cave in? How much do you have to sink into non-repairs(IE locker, tires, lift, hooks, straps ect)? If you are building a serious 4x4 the transfer case should be upgraded. The automatic 4x4 transfer cases aren't very stout, and if the fail, they usually do it right in the middle of something. A BW1534 from a Ranger or 91-94 Explorer is a cheap, easy replacement. Definately get a tranny cooler. It all depends on how much you will use it, how bad the structural damage is, and what you'll have left over top build it up.

Never heard of anyone rooling an Explorer. I know there are a few here who have rolled theirs, but never rooled. :p

Mbrooks420 said:
A BW1534 from a Ranger or 91-94 Explorer is a cheap, easy replacement. Definately get a tranny cooler.

do you know if the BW1534 came in any Bronco II's? and what year rangers? what is the easiest way to identify one?

also, how much does a tranny cooler cost? and how difficult is the installation? thanks, todd.

I believe the 1354 came in BII's. They came in the Explorer's from 91-94. The Rangers I am not sure, but from some point in the late 80's to 94 I would assume. You would want the manual shift version. Tranny coolers are cheap insurance with the light duty v6 trannies. They can be had for 50 or under, and are relitively simple to install. You just tap into the tranny lines that run into the radiator.

there is no word in the english language that is rool there is a word that is roll

I believe it was mid or late 1990 that the 1354 was first available in the Bronco II's. Before that, it was all 1350 t-cases.

jimabena74 said:
there is no word in the english language that is rool there is a word that is roll
Big talk from someone who uses neither capitalization, or punctuation in a run on sentence.

Mbrooks420 said:
Big talk from someone who uses neither capitalization, or punctuation in a run on sentence.

once is a mistype, i do that, and its the internet, but everytime he wrote the word it was spelled wrong, just making sure america's kids these days dont grow up with improper punctualization, capitalization, etc, like me ;) gotta save these kids at a young age or they will be old and bitter like me ;) :thumbsup:

Mbrooks420 said:

If it's like that, technically it would be, "....capitalization, NOR punctuation..."
:D

Yeah, yeah, at least I tried. ;P

i wanna hear about that roof rack!

Back