My sad attempt at photoshop | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My sad attempt at photoshop

James909

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 GMC Yukon 2 Door
Today I was bored and after looking through the great how-to threads on this site I decided to mess with photoshop CS3 which they have at my school. This was my first time using photoshop. I am open to any comments that anyone may have including constructive criticism.

Here is the original:
100_0206.jpg

And here is after I attempted to lift it a little, paint it blue, and change the wheels. I realize that I should have done something about the pinstripe before I painted it. And I had a hard time with the wheels because of the angles.
photoshop2.jpg

And here I changed everything except the truck to black and white. And I attempted to paint the pillar but it didn't come out that good.
photoshop3.jpg

Comments and critique are welcome!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Kadarom Douhrek

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Anna, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Not a bad job at all for a first attempt.
Leave the pillar unpainted and that second shot would make a really nice picture.

<

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Pretty good for a first time.

Suggestions:

1. for the wheels, you can make them the right angle by going to Edit>Transform and then pick distort or skew or warp to make them look right. Even with the wheels you chose, it looks like you could flip and rotate them and they would work ok.

2. For the pillar, if you paint that on it's own layer (above) the layer the truck is on, then set it to "Multiply" (drop down menu at the top of the layers window) it will look much better and not like MS Paint. :)

Again, good job. :thumbsup:

<

James909

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 GMC Yukon 2 Door
Thanks for the comments guys.

Kadarom Douhrek- I really like the second picture as well. Actually today I redid that photo except this time I left the pillar unpainted. I also paid closer attention to the edges and to details like making what's visible in the mirrors and through the windshield black and white. It's now the desktop on my computer.

FROADER- I played around with the wheels before I put them on and that helped but I could not get it perfect. I think it is something that I will get better at with practice. When I painted the truck I used the method for painting that you mentioned. Actually I did it on the pillar as well but that was after I after I already painted on the original layer so I guess that kind of defeated the purpose.

<

<

James909

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 GMC Yukon 2 Door
Thanks!

<