My seat belt is stuck around the head rest. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My seat belt is stuck around the head rest.

blackowle

Reaction score
City, State
elreno,oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer
Hello everyone my 1st time here..I really need sum help on how to get my seat belt unstuck from my passenger side head rest how my grandson did it i'll never know does ne1 hav ne suggestions on how to get it fixed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Undo the torx bolt holding it to the side of the truck?

I'm guessing he pulled it all the way out so it "ratcheted" back in to place, the way you would use it on a childs seat, and it got stuck on the head rest.

Depending on your model, if your headrests are adjustable, you should just be able to push in the clip and pull it out completely, let the seat belt retract, then put the headrest back in. Depending on which way its wrapped you could also try reclining the seat, or rolling it all the way back towards the back seat.

When you go to do this, what I would suggest is pulling on the seatbelt, away from where it coils, while you're fooling aorund with the seat. If you let it continue to tighten as you play with the seat, it won't get any easier.

Good luck!

Hello, I just got a 2013 explorer 2 weeks ago and my daughter wrapped the seat belt around the third row head rest, right beside where the belt comes out at the bottom side of the seat there is a little panel that pops off, that is where the belt is bolted to the frame, you can remove that bolt and unwrap the belt, hope this helps someone.
Edit... Sorry, I just noticed you had a 2006.

Back