My shifter will not go into park and will not reverse stuck on neutral how can I fix it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My shifter will not go into park and will not reverse stuck on neutral how can I fix it

Energy Garcoa

Reaction score
City, State
Los angeles california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999Ford Explorer XLT
Anybody know how to fix the column shifter for a 99 Ford Explorer XLT my shifter is stuck on neutral does not go into park and will not reverse only go to first gear and second gear how do I fix it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are some plastic bushings in your column shifter that can deteriorate over time, there are also some bolts that can come loose.
The cable can get rusted inside its housing and the shifter pawl down at the transmission can also get tight to shift.

With these 96-2001 trucks it is usually in need of repairs at the column shifter itself
You will likely need to drop your steering column and have a look

Have you tried the search feature?

there are some plastic bushings in your column shifter that can deteriorate over time, there are also some bolts that can come loose.
The cable can get rusted inside its housing and the shifter pawl down at the transmission can also get tight to shift.

With these 96-2001 trucks it is usually in need of repairs at the column shifter itself
You will likely need to drop your steering column and have a look

Have you tried the search feature?
Nah not yet but so what's da search feature

Back