• Register Today It's free!

My shipping is delayed. UGH!

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I just called Ford for sh*ts and giggles. Well it was all sh*ts, no giggles!!!! :fire:

My delivery is now delayed from March 7th to an ETA of March 14th. UGH!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The upside is that you will have better weather!:)

87 today
82 tomorrow
76 Thursday
78 Friday
80 Saturday
81 Sunday

hmmmmm.... I don't think so :D

Just heard from my sales guy that this afternoon the explorers on hold were "re-released"

... take it with a grain of salt, but it is better than the "definitely still on hold and no idea when it will ship" answer I had been getting.

I just called Ford for sh*ts and giggles. Well it was all sh*ts, no giggles!!!! :fire:

My delivery is now delayed from March 7th to an ETA of March 14th. UGH!
My ETA was moved from Feb. 28th to March 6th. Seeing as how that is a Sunday, I assume it would be delivered on Monday the 7th. My new tires should be in by then as well. Hopefully I'll have a vehicle to mount them on! :D

Funny that you say that. I was actually told March 13th, but I said March 14th (Monday) for the exact same reason you did!

87 today
82 tomorrow
76 Thursday
78 Friday
80 Saturday
81 Sunday

hmmmmm.... I don't think so :D

We've got -9F air temp and -26F wind chill up here now but with absolutely clear blue skies - great weather! Going to see -20F air temp and -35F to -40F wind chill by morning.

Got my DORA today, now waiting for VIN.

We've got -9F air temp and -26F wind chill up here now but with absolutely clear blue skies - great weather! Going to see -20F air temp and -35F to -40F wind chill by morning.

Got my DORA today, now waiting for VIN.

Only someone in Warroad would say that. Crazy Northerners ;)

I feel for you Baxterdown. I haven't been waiting long compared to a ton of people out there, but it is getting frustrating not having a build date or Vin# and checking every week with no progress. I was occupying myself with reading all I can on the EX, but it's starting to get discouraging now. If I didn't want this truck so bad, I would be cancelling my order. I could have had a new vehicle a month ago if I hadn't chosen the EX, but here I sit still waiting. I guess that's where Ford has the upper hand. :mad:

Funny that you say that. I was actually told March 13th, but I said March 14th (Monday) for the exact same reason you did!
Salesman called today to say my Ex is moving. Somebody must have forgotten to put the parking brake on. ;)
As of midnight it was at some place called Markham Yards, Illinois. I believe that is the rail yard where it is waiting for the train to Toronto. From there I was told it goes by transport to the dealer. That shouldn't be more than a 5 hour drive not counting any mid delivery stops. Looking good for Monday!

My ETA was moved from Feb. 28th to March 6th. Seeing as how that is a Sunday, I assume it would be delivered on Monday the 7th. My new tires should be in by then as well. Hopefully I'll have a vehicle to mount them on! :D

peterk9,

What tires did you go with to replace the delivered ones?

peterk9,

You inspired me to call Ford again. Rep said it is now "in transit" and showing Ramp 73, Rail 39 at Markham Yard, IL. Hopefully that means it's left the plant and it's on it's way down.

Three moving, I like it!

Congrats guys.

peterk9,

You inspired me to call Ford again. Rep said it is now "in transit" and showing Ramp 73, Rail 39 at Markham Yard, IL. Hopefully that means it's left the plant and it's on it's way down.
That is where mine was at midnight.

Salesman called today to say my Ex is moving. Somebody must have forgotten to put the parking brake on. ;)
As of midnight it was at some place called Markham Yards, Illinois. I believe that is the rail yard where it is waiting for the train to Toronto. From there I was told it goes by transport to the dealer. That shouldn't be more than a 5 hour drive not counting any mid delivery stops. Looking good for Monday!
Congrats on the liberation of your Ex from the factory! Inspired by the earlier thread on googling the Ford plant, I looked up Markham. IL, and sure enough, less than 10 miles from the factory to the SW, there is a huge rail yard. If you look around, you can see a bunch of cars lines up ready to go on big, double-decker rail cars. You can even see the big yellow ramps they use to get the cars on.

peterk9,

What tires did you go with to replace the delivered ones?
Replacing the Hankooks with the 255/50R20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X. Very good reviews on this tire on www.tirerack.com. These will be my first Yokohamas
Local tire shop is giving me $80 per tire for the OEMs. They have a more aggressive tread to get through March and come Fall I'll get the 17" steel rims for my Limited and a set of dedicated Winter tires.

Back