My Silver 03 Sport Trac Build | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Silver 03 Sport Trac Build

Was that with the shorter blade not the 12" ones or whatever they are?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't want to play around with taking the bumpers off so I taped it up real good and honestly it wasn't hard and came out great! Make sure to have some goo gone on hand in case you have some spray paint go on your trucks paint! Other wise just make sure the prep is really good and it will look great! I wouldn't worry about taking the bumper off

I was using the long blades but I think I am going to just try and spray everything while its on the truck. Hopefully it turns out good.

I was using the long blades but I think I am going to just try and spray everything while its on the truck. Hopefully it turns out good.

the long blades? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Hey I sprayed everything when it was on the truck and it looks great! Its all about your prep! Take your time!

I was answering the guy above when he asked me if I used the long blades or short ones when trying to cut off the rivets when removing the bumper but I think I am going to just leave it on and try my luck with spraying it on

I was answering the guy above when he asked me if I used the long blades or short ones when trying to cut off the rivets when removing the bumper but I think I am going to just leave it on and try my luck with spraying it on

Ah ok! And I'll see if I can hop on here later and show you guys what my old wheel studs looked like... :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: Yeah... glad I put on some new wheel studs!
10372128_10201940499459051_7480489138095833144_n.jpg

Also I ordered this bad boy!
31md3d7v0YL.jpg

Will be painting the roof racks the same as the bumpers soon! Also tinting the drivers and passengers windows soon! Whew! A lot of good work though! :D

:D:D

That's crazy how worn they were.

Well going to be a little while till my next update... Friday the 13th claimed two of my family's cars to blown head gaskets... How crazy is that?? Anyways money will be tight for awhile so I have to share the truck a lot more right now. :/

Well managed to find enough free time between my three jobs and my summer class to get some things going! Here are some photos of the lift and better photos of the push bar on the truck! I really want spacers for the wheels I think that would just complete my look I want! But we shall see how the money situation is!

10440991_10202110650152712_1110916854481658783_n.jpg

10342754_10202110649112686_1849089302934433006_n.jpg

10464321_10202110648552672_956835557475313583_n.jpg

10464321_10202110648272665_7222532575804300435_n.jpg

:D

Loving it so far! The rims tie it all together nicely
Do you happen to have the link or where you bought the brush guard from? Been looking and cant seem to find that one.

Loving it so far! The rims tie it all together nicely
Do you happen to have the link or where you bought the brush guard from? Been looking and cant seem to find that one.

I sure do! I got it from Amazon, I think it looks great with everything and is some nice added protection! Thanks for the complement, I've never been a huge fan of black rims but I think this goes well with the truck!

Here's the link!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PG4M6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its a super straight forward install too! Make sure you have a buddy helping you since its kinda heavy! :D

I had taken the hood insulation out to run my led hood lights and have yet to reinstall it because of how dirty it is. I remember I had seen someone paint theirs but couldn't find it until now. I seen the paint you used but did you clean it 1st? And how, being it's like a fabric type material. I will be doing this soon

Also could you post a recent photo of the hood insulation, how's it held up

Thanks

I had taken the hood insulation out to run my led hood lights and have yet to reinstall it because of how dirty it is. I remember I had seen someone paint theirs but couldn't find it until now. I seen the paint you used but did you clean it 1st? And how, being it's like a fabric type material. I will be doing this soon

Also could you post a recent photo of the hood insulation, how's it held up

Thanks

I can do that for ya!
10432151_10202129735989846_3669281827732628572_n.jpg

10301284_10202129735709839_1270306975015364652_n.jpg

As you can see there is already some dirt on there but nothing too bad. I suggest cleaning it lightly before hand using soapy water but don't soak it because it will fall apart. Then you can just spray it, do a few light coats and put back on and it will look a lot better! Hope this helps!

That's what had me hesitant, cleaning it without soaking it. In the photos it looks as if there is a dry spot on top and wet on bottom, I see the dirt in the middle (which is going to happen). Did you just clean it or is that the photo quality? Instead of another photo how about a few questions
Has the paint peeled or cracked or even faded? When you say nothing to bad, what do you mean, I don't care about the dirt just in regards to how the paint itself has held up on the material. Just trying to figure out if I should invest anytime into it
Thanks again

That's what had me hesitant, cleaning it without soaking it. In the photos it looks as if there is a dry spot on top and wet on bottom, I see the dirt in the middle (which is going to happen). Did you just clean it or is that the photo quality? Instead of another photo how about a few questions Has the paint peeled or cracked or even faded? When you say nothing to bad, what do you mean, I don't care about the dirt just in regards to how the paint itself has held up on the material. Just trying to figure out if I should invest anytime into it Thanks again

Yeah those photos weren't the best but the paint has held up perfectly. It hasn't chipped or faded at all. It still looks as good as the day I painted it. I suppose you don't have to clean it if your that worried about breaking it. Lets see a photo of yours! I'd say it's worth the time just because it doesn't take very long

If I do end up painting I'll definitely clean it…a paint job of any kind is only as good as the prep work. It's just I'm trying to figure out the best way to tackle the prep on this project, I want to ensure a clean surface for maximum adhesion

If I do end up painting I'll definitely clean it…a paint job of any kind is only as good as the prep work. It's just I'm trying to figure out the best way to tackle the prep on this project, I want to ensure a clean surface for maximum adhesion

Well good call! Please share your results id love to see the final product!

In other news... I have a bent rear axle.... Awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of the guys in our offroad club has the same problem on his YJ. He can't go above 55 without hopping the tire. How'd it happen??

Back