My sister's treehouse makes national news | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

My sister's treehouse makes national news

explornj

Reaction score
City, State
now in Raleigh,nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport 4.0 sohc
i wish i had something that was anything close to that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
It's really the best plan...especialy when your married:p:

I'm single and I'm still on that plan, I tried to keep track in the beginning, but it was kind of scary watching that number keep going up, so I've stopped that. Any I've probably only spent pennies compared to what some of you guys have spent:eek:

ExplorerBus I

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD
damn! when I was a kid I built a tree house that had a roof with cedar shakes and a swing that went out over the road, and I though that was cool! I just got put to shame, lol... but I guess the difference was that I built it myself.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Well, and this might sound harsh, but one of the things I really liked about my friends treehouse was there was always a sense of imagination with it... it wasn't just another room in the house to go to, you really had to work to get up there (we often got scraped and scuffed climbing the tree to get to it) and there was a sense it was OUR place. It was bairly even big enough to really have both of us lay down up there but it had a roof and was just real cool. We could let our imaginations run wild - one time it might be a pirate ship, or we might be protecting the castle, whatever... while I think this treehouse is cool, I think it limits the imagination and sense of adventure.

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
Yeah but how cool of a place will that be to drink some beers with your friends when you are 15?

"Hey Dad, can we get a fridge up in the treehouse?"

I agree, I was always really jealous of my friends who had the treehouses and we even built on small additions like ladders, chairs etc because it was our place to do what we wanted. I remember using the tape measure, saw, drill and srewgun when I was like ten years old making a chair for the treehouse. Come to think of it, they only serious injury I ever had growing up was a broken arm from slipping off the rope ladder of my buddy's treehouse. That isn't happening in this thing for sure. No shoes and the cleaning lady comes every wednesday LOL.

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
I made tree houses when I was a kid. Nothing like that but they were fun. I never had enough wood to enclose it, so it was just floors. Three floors and a deck. The top floor was about 20' feet up. It had a couple trap doors. To get from the 1st to 2nd floor you had to pull a rope rigged up on a pulley and the floor above your head would open up. Our sandbox was under the tree house too. When I say sand box, I mean a lot of sand. My dad is an excavator and our sand boxes consisted of him bringing in a dump truck load of sand and dumping it. So we would rake it up in a pile and jump off the 1st and even 2nd floor of the tree into it. One time I tied up an old garden hose into the tree and we would grab on to it and jump off like a bungee cord. I one time had a big milk crate basket rigged up into the tree with a rope and pulley tied to a heavy iron table on the ground as a anchor with an old tire tied in the middle of the rope as a counter weight. I called it my express route. You would step off into the basket of course fall towards the ground and the tire would slow your fall just the right amount so it set you on the ground easily. I used to love to lay on the top floor and just stare at the clouds on a nice spring day. We had Walnut trees. I used to get up in the tree house and try to shoot walnuts out of the trees with a BB gun. It wasn't like the tree house in the video but I bet it was more fun. Man I miss it, and I'm 30 now.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
yeah I guess once you get into your teens having a place to go and be yourself could be mor efun than the standard treehouse :). Didn't really factor that in I guess.

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Just saw the link/story/video on CNN.com!