My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

Just hit 1,800 on my black/black Sport, took delivery Dec. 20th. After many years with Cadillacs, overall I must say I'm very impressed with the car. Have had a few minor issues - had it in the dealer earlier this week for an oil leak, but was a simple fix (so I hope!) and a few small things with the electronics. My bluetooth audio (I have an iPhone 4S) is kind of hit or miss when connecting for music, however it does seem to work a lot better since the last update. The navigation is kind of buggy too, for example I'll be flying down the highway and it will show me on the service drive the whole time. My electronic MPG shows about 19, but I'm very skeptical of that, I'll have to do the old-fashion method and do the math myself next time I fill up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update part II

Came home from work today to find a few messages. While listening to them the phone rings and its Dana Ford's Manager calling. I told him I was leaving to head over to X dealer to order my truck.
He says to come to his dealership, as he will make it worth my drive.

So...................................
long story short

Iam the proud new owner of a 2013 Explorer Sport
White Platinum Tri-coat
402A package
Sienna/Black interior
Moonroof
Trailer Towing
2nd row buckets
all weather mats
cargo shade
7yr-60K extended bumper to bumper

46 out the door
It will be delivered to the house tomorrow

Iam VERY pleased:D

Awesome news, Fast Gator! You picked my favorite interior and that White Platinum looks really sharp, too. So... when do we get to see pictures? ;)

Crystal

The navigation is kind of buggy too, for example I'll be flying down the highway and it will show me on the service drive the whole time.

This sounds like the navigation problem that several of us have. There is unfortunately no fix for it at this time.

Today I did my second master reset and it is less quirky but still annoying

Awesome news, Fast Gator! You picked my favorite interior and that White Platinum looks really sharp, too. So... when do we get to see pictures? ;)

Crystal

I'll have to get some up for you Crystal.
It snowed today, so I drove my old EB Explorer to work, didn't want to get salt on my new toy...hehe
Suppose to be 50 here this weekend so I'll do the Zanio treatment then some glamor shots :)

I'll have to get some up for you Crystal.
It snowed today, so I drove my old EB Explorer to work, didn't want to get salt on my new toy...hehe
Suppose to be 50 here this weekend so I'll do the Zanio treatment then some glamor shots :)

I'm going to keep my eye on this thread for your pictures, Fast Gator. It sounds like you're already taking amazing care of your new Explorer! :thumbsup:

Crystal

My new APIM is on order....
i now take videos of everything

7800 miles...
fog light lense is cracked...
and umm it feels slow now.. I need a trune
I hae that the mirrors do not lower when I put it in reverse like themother SUV's I have/had
by hand calc I am getting around 17mpg

going in for service today...hello new APIM

ok I am just about at 11k miles. I am caling my dealer tomorrow about my APIM failing again.....
However I took a long trip with the it to South Florida and the Sport performed well above expectatons. I was very pleased except with mpg.This thing can really haul ass fully loaded on the highway.

I'm 6.5 weeks in and have put 900 miles on it.

I've already had to get a tire patched. Ran over a huge nail somehow.

The more I drive it the less I notice the torque steer. I think once you get used to the car, you don't event think about it anymore.

The only issues I'm having right now with the vehicle are the MFT.

Lately, when I use voice dial to call someone I have to try 2-3 times to get the call to connect and come through the speakers. Sometimes it just dials and pops up on my actual phone, but doesn't come through the speakers. So whoever I'm calling gets annoyed that I "hung up on them" when in reality I wasn't able to speak to them!

I've also had it freeze a few times when using my ipod in the USB. The only way to unfreeze it is turn the car off. So it's annoying on your morning commute to have it freeze and have no radio until you get to work!

Other then that, I love the car. It's a head turner. Last Sunday in the grocery store parking lot I had a guy walk up to me and ask if he could look the car over. Had never seen a Sport before and loved the look.

Everyone at my office wants me to take them to lunch now too so they can ride in it....

P.S. A few cleaning/washing tips: The Lexol leather conditioner works great. I use it every time I wash the car. I also found a really nice drying towel at Wal Mart. It's a dark gray and light gray towel (on each side). It's microfiber and works AWESOME. Way better than my chamois. I highly recommend it. Very soft, wont scratch. I also recommend LCD screen cleaners to wipe off your MFT screen and instrument clusters.

There should be a cleaner cloth that comes in with the owner's manual to clean the screen. That is what I primarily use as it is always in my vehicle.

oh I am also on my second fog light lens replacement... stil do not know how it broke...

as a killer of 2 or 6 of them on each sports car I had - I can tell you exactly how it happens...

follow to closely and have my kind of luck :)

as a killer of 2 or 6 of them on each sports car I had - I can tell you exactly how it happens...

follow to closely and have my kind of luck :)
lol maybe

One other thing I forgot to mention:

Sometimes my remote start doesn't work.

It will make a click and not turn the engine over fully.

Just ordered my sport this past week...was told 4-6 wks. For turnaround....is that about right???

Just ordered my sport this past week...was told 4-6 wks. For turnaround....is that about right???
Welcome to the Forum Tracee94.:wavey:
The last day to order a 2013 model was April 12th. If you ordered this past week it must be a 2014 model. Production for the 2014's doesn't begin until June 3rd so 4-6 weeks doesn't sound right.

Peter

almost 12k on the Sport and I am convinced the designer of the APIM is a demon from hell..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another APIM

Ok so I am now going for my second APIM replacement next Monday... when does it get better LOL
Why OTH the Sort is beginning to feel slow..maybe time for a tune?

Back