My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

OEM Rear bumper protector is now bubbling and will need replacement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're just getting used to it. Go jump in a Ltd and then tell me it's losing power. LOL. I thought the same thing. Jumped in the Ltd for a couple days then drove the Sport. Nope. Power is still there

That hits the nail on the head....
You DO get used to it....

ask the formula 1 drivers as they could get used to 1000+ hp... so pretty sure we would get used to 365 HP and 0-60 in 5.9 seconds :)

I may need some performance work then LOL

I wander has anyone modded these help the turbos spool up faster...waste gate, bov etc..
I wonder if the tunes out there help this

I wander has anyone modded these help the turbos spool up faster...waste gate, bov etc..
I wonder if the tunes out there help this
You may get more responses if you posted this in the `Modified`forum.

Peter

Now at 14XXX miles...
Ford quality is really starting to show
the carpet looks a bit worn especially behid the 3rd row
The MFT is a complete POS and I am told it is not fixable
and MPG is steady at 18mpg which is not bad...
I was going to buy a Ford Transit Connect... but I have decided on a NIssan NV because of Fords quality in the electronics..

So I finally hooked up my Scangauge II.. I am gonna see what the engine does on different octane fuels

Update I am now upon the 50K mark...
Since the latest software update Sync has been better...
recalls have been done
18mpg ave by hand calc
I think it will need barkes and tires soon.... not a bad car overall I may keep it one more year until I fond the next vehicle i want

Oh one more thing....
my wife drove it a few times and liked the performance so much I had to buy her a fast cuv...
so we now have an SQ5

battery dead today..nothing left on..mysrerious power drain..second time this has happened.

Great review

I really like hearing some of the great stories. TY to the OP on this one :) :thumbsup: :usa:

here is the latest
I am almost to 60k miles. I am ready to buy tires. Not sure sure what to get, I may just get the OEM. The crappy a pillar cover has fallen off so many times that I refuse to replace the POS until I sell it. I am getting 18 mpg or so since new. MFT still sucks and works correct about 2/3 of the time. The traffic info is at best terrible. The car has intermittent rattles and wind noise.
The perormance is still great and rides and handles well. It actually feels slow since I got an SQ5.
Overall it is not a bad car, actually a fairly nice ride but of inferior quality for something that MSRP was about 52K. I am starting the search for my net SUV and I don't think the quality issues are appropriate for the price point and I don't think I will but another one. I do not think think form what I have seen that in the last 2 years qulaity has gotten better

sciond, you have confirmed what I have said all along. The Explorer is not a $50,000+ vehicle. It's a $30,000 vehicle that Ford has gussied up to allow it to be sold for the $52,000 you mention. If I were to spend that much, which I am not, I would also demand better quality and refinement. However, for a $30,000 vehicle it's fairly competent. Unrefined, but a competent people and junk hauler.

sciond, you have confirmed what I have said all along. The Explorer is not a $50,000+ vehicle. It's a $30,000 vehicle that Ford has gussied up to allow it to be sold for the $52,000 you mention. If I were to spend that much, which I am not, I would also demand better quality and refinement. However, for a $30,000 vehicle it's fairly competent. Unrefined, but a competent people and junk hauler.

Then why would you write "Yeah, I get that you folks are unhappy, but why come on the internet whining about issues that sound like a lot of buyer remorse to me. Sorry Ford didn't live up to your expectations." In another thread?

I was one of your so called whiners, I did pay at the higher end and expected more.

Lay off the pipe!

To all the negative commentators: two words as respects what you paid for your sport suv...Twin Turbo!!!! Name another three row suv with 365 hp, tows 5000 lbs and costs under 50, which is what I paid for my almost fully loaded 2014 sport. and it gets decent fuel mileage to boot. It's a DEAL actually and represents a value to the consumer IMO.

I agree with Bman. For what it is it is really priced appropriately. I have a 2014 Sport and although I paid less than 40k using A plan I still think you would be hard pressed to find another vehicle with these specs in its class for the price. As far as maintenance costs, the vehicles in its class cannot compare.

to be absolutely clear I am not whining or complaining just stating my thought and experience.
I spend a lot of money on vehicles and I expect better. Trust me I haven't even mentioned some of the worst things that have hapeened with this vehicle.

At 65k the Sport is gone tomorow it got traded in for a Cherokee Trailhawk. The car with all the annoyances was a pretty good car. I got 18 mpg over the life of the car. It really needs some fornt brakes as they shudder a bit. It also needs tires. The front seat is showing heavy wear more than I expected the leather in these cars turns out to be crap. The rear seats also show cracking etc. The battery died on me twice in last 6 months but other than that it never left me stranded. Until the end I still liked this car however for me it is 2 years and out on every car I buy...Would I buy another one down the road...maybe...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At 65k the Sport is gone tomorow it got traded in for a Cherokee Trailhawk. The car with all the annoyances was a pretty good car. I got 18 mpg over the life of the car. It really needs some fornt brakes as they shudder a bit. It also needs tires. The front seat is showing heavy wear more than I expected the leather in these cars turns out to be crap. The rear seats also show cracking etc. The battery died on me twice in last 6 months but other than that it never left me stranded. Until the end I still liked this car however for me it is 2 years and out on every car I buy...Would I buy another one down the road...maybe...

If you think that going to a Chrysler /Fiat product is the solution, you are in for a rude awakening. I'm sorry that you have had some issues, but for the most part this is a very reliable vehicle. I did my research on SUV's and I know I got the biggest bang for my buck. I love driving it and looking at it lol. And knowing it turned out to be from the only self sustaining American car company is an added bonus; I'll be darned if a GM/Chrysler product ever sits in my garage again that stole the American taxpayers dollar.

Back