• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

My streak continues...(return from Cleghorn)

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Well I'm still wheeling strong and sitting at 9 runs in 9 weeks...:D

So today started out with me planning a token run across Cleghorn just to keep my streak alive. Next thing I know R.J. calls asking if I was really going, because he had done some work to the Navajo that he wanted to test out. We agreed to meet this afternoon for a quick run across the trail, and little did we know that we wouldn't even be able to make it half way before we decided to turn around. Three feet of snow, darkness, and rapidly dropping temps will do that to you...

Big thanks to R.& J. for making it out...I definitely would have gotten into trouble without you...

Attachments

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
So what work has RJ done this time?

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...doh', sorry....halfway don't count...:p:

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
1/2+1/2=1...:p:

As for R.J.'s new stuff, some go-fast coil inserts and his new lights. I'll let him tell you how well they worked...;)

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..pics of the strapping is a must...:D...:popcorn:

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Wow. We were walking our dogs just a few miles from you guys this morning. Glad you got to keep your streak going :thumbsup:. Also sort of glad I wasn't there considering how much snow fell since the last Cleghorn run... and I wouldn't have got my new angle grinder today if I was out on a trail ;)

/second the absolute necessity of strap pics :)

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
made it home a littel while ago, i had to tag along to make it an officail "trip" to count for ken's 9 for 9 :D

great run, great turn out

both of R.J. (Robbie and Jim
boomer12
thats it

well boomer was gonna run cleghorn, so i thought i would come long and try out some stuff i was working on. put in some compression inserts that go in the spring (they're red, you can see em in the pics) they're like bumpstops that should help on the highspeed stuff like glamis. and installed the lights we got from cyber :thumbsup:

ended up taking most of the day to work on the car and held up boomer till almost 4 pm, sorry boomer :rolleyes:

inserts worked well, limiteed my up travel a bit but helped on bottum outs. the lights worked, but need to be adjusted and we blew the fuse. got tuck in the snow a few times, almost tipped over a few times, ran through puddles and got pretty muddy. good trip :thumbsup: :D

IMG_0269Medium.jpg

IMG_0270Medium.jpg

IMG_0271Medium.jpg

IMG_0272Medium.jpg

IMG_0273Medium.jpg

IMG_0274Medium.jpg

IMG_0275Medium.jpg

IMG_0276Medium.jpg

IMG_0277Medium.jpg

IMG_0282Medium.jpg

IMG_0283Medium.jpg

ye yeah!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0284Medium.jpg

IMG_0285Medium.jpg

didn't get to many pics of boomer since we were leading most of the time :(

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
I was definitely surprised by how much snow was still there. One thing the last two pictures don't show is a stuck jeep, and three other trucks that seemed to be a little too concerned to continue...so although we didn't make it the whole way, we did make it farther than anyone else...

Sorry I don't have any of those pics (strapping)...

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Funny looking at the last 2 pics of Jim not at all interested in getting out :D

EDIT lights look good on there:thumbsup:

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
haha i don't blame him, it was COLD outside! :eek:

that was attempt #3 for us at the snow pile, tried to go faster everytime :D

thanks cyber. they just need a bigger fuse :thumbsup:

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
...ended up taking most of the day to work on the car and held up boomer till almost 4 pm, sorry boomer :rolleyes:
...No worries, the timing worked out fine...

...didn't get to many pics of boomer since we were leading most of the time :(
...Lol, I just wanted to stay out of your way...

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
oh yes, for anyone that hasn't seen boomers led lights in person, they're sick! they look awesome. i give you a salute for that boomer :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
to much driving today. gotta go drive to upland tonight

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert - 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
DB_1 Return from Devils Canyon Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
zukman Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 48
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
LONO100 my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
R Return From Picture Canyon Colorado Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Burns Return From Uwharrie Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Tbars4 Return from Geocaching Memorial weekend 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 14
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert Trail 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
zukman Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
C Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 71
C Return from Truckhaven Turkey Day 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 35
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
R Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Brian1 Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 158
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
R Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
DB_1 Return from King of the Hammers Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
John_Rock Return from Katemcy Rocks, TX - Feb. 21, 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S Return from Tahuya, a.k.a. married man gets reprieve Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 46
R Return From Truckhaven 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
Stic-o TDS '09 Return to Truckhaven Mar. 6th-8th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
Boomer12 Return from the LVY... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
DB_1 Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 51
Stic-o Return from Truckhaven first run fall '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
Brian1 *Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
R.J. Return from Johnson Valley Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
mounty71 Return from Big Bear Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
Paul B. Return of the redemption run '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 80
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Trail March '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Diff Whack Daddy Return from Tahuya Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
R.J. Return from TDS '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 75
C Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
Boomer12 Return from yet another Big Bear snow run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
IZwack Return from Truckhaven Jan. 08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Ritsui Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Boomer12 Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 155
Tbars4 Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
C Return From Azusa Canyon 11-11-07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 44
mounty71 Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 209
kert0307 Return from Cliffs Oct 20, 2007 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 26
JDraper Return from Rausch Creek Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64
C Return from Pismo-Part deux '07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Stic-o Return from Cleghorn July 28th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 83