• Register Today It's free!

My Sync testing problem

rdjones

Reaction score
City, State
Glasgow,Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
Does anyone know of any fixes to keep the receive text feature working on a 2013 Explorer? I have a Blackberry 9850 cell phone which worked for a short time after the Ford dealership reloaded the software on "My Sync System.
I can send text ok but cannot receive on the sync system.:exp:"

I'm curious if anyone has an answer to this too. I'm having the same issue with my BB 9930 - works for about 5 days then stops receiving texts, can send no problem.

One suggestion is use the delayed reboot utility from http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html , or pull fuse 29 if you can get to it.

Another is pull battery from BB and have it reconnect - doesnt work all the time though.

When I first got my Ex, it did not work, then about 3 days later it worked for one day, then stopped then over the next couple of weeks it was working about 30% of the time. Since then it works I would say about 98% of the time. I didn't change any settings or anything so I don't know why it works so much better at this point. I have a Droid Razr with Ice Cream Sandwich. (when I upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich, it did stop working for a couple of days, then started up again...again I didn't change anything it just started working on its own).

Back