• Register Today It's free!

mY tRUcK Is goInG CRaZy!!!!!!!!!!

dj007

Reaction score
City, State
Blasdell, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Xlt
I have a 97 2 door ford explorer with v6, My 4wd drive is auto. Now my problem is when i was driving the truck it was normal, then it started acting crazy, 4wd lights started flashed, the front end started whining, the 4wd auto did not even work no more(i was in a snow covered parking lot), the cd player started switching back and forth from cd to radio(there was no cd in it)
the abs started going crazy the peddle was vibrating and making noises(no abs light though) that was on dry pavement and i just touched the peddle nothing aggressive at all. what the heck happened, when i put the truck in 4wd hi the 4wd worked fine, but the abs still was crazy and so was the cd player. I scaned gem with MT2500, no codes. any ideas???????????

dj007 said:
I have a 97 2 door ford explorer with v6, My 4wd drive is auto. Now my problem is when i was driving the truck it was normal, then it started acting crazy, 4wd lights started flashed, the front end started whining, the 4wd auto did not even work no more(i was in a snow covered parking lot), the cd player started switching back and forth from cd to radio(there was no cd in it)
the abs started going crazy the peddle was vibrating and making noises(no abs light though) that was on dry pavement and i just touched the peddle nothing aggressive at all. what the heck happened, when i put the truck in 4wd hi the 4wd worked fine, but the abs still was crazy and so was the cd player. I scaned gem with MT2500, no codes. any ideas???????????

When that happened to me I had to replace the gem module behind the dash.
I am not familiar with the scanner you mentioned, But many will only scan the ecu, rather than the gem module which controls many of the interior accesories, 4x4 systems, abs, and others. I found that only ford had the right scanner in Seattle. I am sure some tranny shops do as well.

i think i will get a gem from the j/k

Back