My weekend SUCKED | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My weekend SUCKED

Post number 76 has been selected as best answered.

I'll get a full story up soon. Just got back. Short story - the car infront of me rearended the car infront of him, came to a dead stop while I was going 60mph. I swerved, couldn't get out of the way. I dont think damage is as bad as it looks, but my car is in SC and I'm in VA. No one was hurt, my gf wasn't wearing a seatbelt and she was ok (and yes, I do yell at her all the time to wear her seatbelt).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Time to buy another Explorer :)
Oh and buy that one back from the insurance CO after they total it....

ouch, hard hit! glad you're okay :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Charlie's_93EB said:
wow, first i am glad that you and gf are ok, what about the other drivers?

ticket?

and what make and model did you hit???

No one was injured, he hit a chevy blazer (pushed the friggin' thing off the road and into a fence) and unfortunately he got a ticket... :thumbdwn: :mad:

I bet it was a ticket for failure to keep a safe distance? Sorry to see that man, makes me think about keeping even more of a safe distance than I already do.

Ticket was for the distance thing and travelling too fast for conditions.

I had a pretty big gap between me and the person infront of me... probably close to 100'. I think if I had just swerved instead of hitting breaks and swerving I might have missed him - but who knows.

And yes, 99% chance I will buy this back if insurence totals it (once I get a chance to look under the hood). I already have a garage down here I can rent space in. If I get my co-op next semester, I'll have my weekends completely free.

Hokie said:
pushed the friggin' thing off the road and into a fence

The fence was already pushed over from something else - and it was close to a 45* grade down to the fence - so I think he could have sat ontop of the hill and rolled down. But we'll see. I probably hit him going around 30 or so.

Is that the blazer in the pic? parked behind you? and he got front and rear end damage see what happens when people are stupid and ride on the car infront of thems a$$(not you). glad to hear you and your girl are ok sorry bout the X tho

No, it was an earlier model blazer. Problem is, the guy who was driving was (literally) Mentally Retarded (no jokes please). So the Cop and I couldn't even understand what happened from his point of view.

Dayum!

Glad to hear everyone is allright. It is a shame that your really nice truck got mashed.

OMG
glad everyone was okay but WOW

I've been adding up parts I know are going to need to be replaced from fordpartsnetwork.com. I'm thinking now that it's going to be totaled. I figure fixing costs are 2xparts costs to makeup for labor - I'm sitting at almost 5k and I know there is more to be added.

Airbag driver's side 562.8
Airbag Passenger's side 562.8
F672-14A664-EA Airbag clock spring 89.99
XL22-16005-DA Right fender body panel 164.99
F672-16054-AA interior Rubber/plastic Fender splash guard. 31.99
F872-8200-TAA Entire Grille assembly 199.99
F5T2-13008-ACP RH 79.99
Main radiator hose – upper or lower ?
F5T2-8146-B Radiator/fan shroud 69.99
F872-16612-BA Hood 269.99
F572-7803100-A Windshield 164.99
Radiator Support 146
Latch Support 24.59

Total: 2368.11 + shipping.

I think if there is any chance of this car coming back to life, I'm going to have to buy it back and fix it myself. Even then, I'm going to be cutting it REALLY close once I figure in paying my friend to tow it back to VA, and the cost/month for me to rent out space in my friend's garage.

I'll have to try and hit up junkyards around here and see what they have as well - but I think I'll only be able to save on MAYBE body panels and structural parts. Unfortunetly, the airbags are like $1200.

Then I have to paint the damn thing. =(

ditch it man, buy a V8 :)

Brett has a full same color and year explorer somewhere i beleive to take parts off of ;)

That sux!! Sorry to hear about your truck and glad you and your girl are ok....

wow guy, i'm sorry to hear that, all i said was NO...###*...lol...my roomates are like what, i was like another awesome x down....hope everything goes alright....

Glad You Are Okay Dude! That looks like a pretty nasty hit! :eek:

Keep an eye on eBay, there are always airbag "sets" on there for about $200. Finding the right year, and right color may take awhile, but they will come up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7934531312&category=42612

I'll keep an eye out at Chesterfield Auto Parts (cheap p-n-p) for any 2nd gens. They don't come in often, but they do show up sometimes.

Orrrrrr........you could just put fiberglass up front and lift the bad boy! :thumbsup:

boominXplorer said:
ditch it man, buy a V8 :)QUOTE]

That seems to be the trend these days :p

Sorry to see such a nice one in such bad shape. But the important thing is that you and the girl are ok!!

If you bought it back and did a lot of the work, you put probably put it back on the road fairly cheap. The frame and suspension still look undamaged?

hydroxy said:
No, it was an earlier model blazer. Problem is, the guy who was driving was (literally) Mentally Retarded (no jokes please). So the Cop and I couldn't even understand what happened from his point of view.
Thats too bad because maybe he could have said you were a safe distance away :rolleyes:

Back