• Register Today It's free!

MY XLS has ISSUES

onlyworth10

Reaction score
City, State
Trenton,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I just replaced the Valve Body, and now I have no forward gears, or Reverse.. I had full movement with my old VB but had the 2-3 flare and wanted to fix that,so I bought a new one from CVB and have put it on and have had nothing but trouble.. Its the 5r55e 4x4... It has never gave me this issue before, Anyone have any Ideas..,

:thumbdwn:Update I went out a few min ago and put it in R and It moved about 10 ft then stoped again... Now Im more confused than before...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like the shifter isn't engaged to the "rooster comb" gear.
It's a common mistake...

Have you read the trans article on www.tccoa.com ?

it's geared towards the 4R70W, but the 4r55 is very similar internally and the tccoa article shows what you need to see, and verify

Does this "rooster comb" need to be between the shifter teeth? or sitting on it?

Does this "rooster comb" need to be between the shifter teeth? or sitting on it?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
The "combs" are the individual gear positions, so it has to be ON the teeth.. if that makes sense.

Sorry to say your probably gonna have to drop the pan and look up in that little gap and see what is going on...bummer I know.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
The "combs" are the individual gear positions, so it has to be ON the teeth.. if that makes sense.

Sorry to say your probably gonna have to drop the pan and look up in that little gap and see what is going on...bummer I know.

IM good at dropping the pan now, lol... So the flat piece with the small roller has to be on the teeth? correct?

Man it's been 5 years since I was inside there.
I'm speaking with a severe short/long term self inflicted memory loss, so bear with me.

open it up see what you've got... if it isn't the way you describe, them make it so.

Back