my xls... with couple pics

m8r8j

Reaction score
City, State
ipswich, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xls, 4.0
what ive done:
flowmaster performance exhaust, k&n performance intake, 2x 10" p1 subs with amp, billet grill, clear corners, remote start, tinted tail lights, shaved emblems, cobra radar detector hardwired, interior blue neon lighting, tinted all around, etc ... i probably forgot alot

heres some pictures, ill take more when i clean it off.

dont know whats next

buying new tires this week ... 265/70/r16 BFG rugged trails

dsc003862ks5.jpg

dsc003872fm9.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

umm..u might want to remove the snow and take better pics lol
looks like you got a good start.
one question i have for you...the exhaust..is it possible for you to take pics of where the ran the piping? I want to do duals on mine but most local shopd won't do it b/c they say clearance is a problem..
Thanks

the exhaust is not true dual, its a 1 in and 1 out flowmaster 50 and there is a y pipe right after the spot where the stock exhaust goes above the diff. the flow and everything is perfectly even. some people apparently run the duals under the diff, but i didnt want to get into that.

but nonetheless ill post some pics of the exhaust and y pipe for ya

what ive done:
flowmaster performance exhaust, k&n performance intake, 2x 10" p1 subs with amp, billet grill, clear corners, remote start, tinted tail lights, shaved emblems, cobra radar detector hardwired, interior blue neon lighting, tinted all around, etc ... i probably forgot alot

heres some pictures, ill take more when i clean it off.

next, i want to look into euro tail lights, lowering kit, rims, hid lights...

buying new tires this week ... 265/70/r16 BFG rugged trails

dsc003862ks5.jpg

dsc003872fm9.jpg

why do u want to add a lowering kit AND get 31 inch all terrains? u need to pick one dude... lift or lower... btw u mite want to consider buying an XLT front bumper... i did a bumper swap on mine and i love it

OLD

2456765_16_full.jpg

NEW (this was also after i repainted the trim)

2456765_43_full.jpg

yea ill probably end up leaving it @ the stock ride height...

definitely want euro tails and shaved roof racks

was also going to look into getting my front/rear bumpers/trim painted silver to match the paint.

nice xls u got there u got a sound clip of those exhausts would love to hear it

nah, no sound clips but maybe ill make one cause it sounds pretty mean

i got dual 40 series on my 01 sport and it sounds real loud and deep

yea ill probably end up leaving it @ the stock ride height...

definitely want euro tails and shaved roof racks

was also going to look into getting my front/rear bumpers/trim painted silver to match the paint.

if u go to a paintshop to paint, they will charge u out the ass to paint it, and the paint isnt designed for plastic... two words, krylon fusion... get krylon fusion silver and paint ur trim and top it off with minwax clear gloss polyurithane... itll match well and u wont have to spend an assload of cash

krylon_fusion_aerosols_3.JPG

6664099027426330504.pre-resized200.jpg

Those blue bulbs in there are a little ricey. Get an HID kit.

yea, i dont want to end up wiht it looking like crap with the spraypaint though... and plus the stock plastic is a little bumpy and i might have to wet sand it first so its smooth.

yea, i dont want to end up wiht it looking like crap with the spraypaint though... and plus the stock plastic is a little bumpy and i might have to wet sand it first so its smooth.

actually thats quite unnecessary with the fusion so ud be wasting ur time... krylon fusion has a flex additive to where it sticks very adhesively to a surface and can flex without cracking... i did my entire trim in gloss black with fusion and have had it for about a year and its held up great... there is some slight fading but that is my own fault for not adding a clear coat... if u top it off with the polyurethane, it also makes it look much more even because its difficult to make the entire thing look uniform when ur using a spray can... here r some before and after pics... ud be surprised at how well the spraypaint looks

(after the bumper swap, but with the grey trim)

2456765_23_full.jpg

(after)

2456765_40_full.jpg

2456765_44_full.jpg

2456765_43_full.jpg

nice truck, just needs a little wider stance.

yea i agree

the exhaust is not true dual, its a 1 in and 1 out flowmaster 50 and there is a y pipe right after the spot where the stock exhaust goes above the diff. the flow and everything is perfectly even. some people apparently run the duals under the diff, but i didnt want to get into that.

but nonetheless ill post some pics of the exhaust and y pipe for ya

So, do you still have your spare tire?

yea i do, the guy who did my exhaust is awesome

Back