MyDe-Chromeification begins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyDe-Chromeification begins

iaml3lue

Reaction score
So i Bought a 98 Xlt a couple weeks ago and it looked like this:
SNC00013.jpg

(it Came with out the vent shades an with a faded bug shield)
since then I've deleted the chrome accented side molding, deleted the silver pin stripe, and today to received my grille back:
SNC00013.jpg

and on the truck:
SNC00015.jpg

the next thing i want to get rid of is the chrome piece on the lower quarter panel:
SNC00011yellowcircleadded.jpg

does anyone know if the sell a paintable piece or what is under there also how would i go about removing it
i also want to get a 99+ bumper and a painted rear bumper

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if they do.. If not, you can always get some truck bed coating and coat it.

ya if it was my cherokee id herc it but this is a street only vehicle. i wanna keep it nice an clean looking. I want you to look at it an go "ok i know he has done something to this, but i have no clue what."

i know that my ex doesn;t have that chrome piece there. I have a 1997 eddie bauer ex. you might be able to locate that piece in a junkyard

I'm nearly positive that piece just bolts on there. You should be able to take it off and it should still be painted underneath. Color might be a little different since its never seen sun though:thumbsup:

my neightbor just painted the grille for me i should've gotten hime to do those to

well ive finished no stock chrome left
SNC00010.jpg

SNC00167.jpg

with the grill painted an after i tore the fog lights/lower valance off road
SNC00168.jpg

SNC00198.jpg

SNC00195.jpg

test fit
SNC001992.jpg

dc-1's with firestone destination a/t's 235/75 r15
SNC00228.jpg

SNC00223.jpg

SNC00224.jpg

SNC00225.jpg

nice x u got there

thank you

Take a look at the 96-98 limited rear quarter trim. If you can find some in a salvage yard, it looks a lot better and is factory painted. Explorers where all the factory parts are painted body color look way better than the 2-tone or chrome trim. That is my opinion though.

Back