• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

MyFord Touch Gets Better Voice Control

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited

13Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
This article is talking about 3.5.1

3.5.1 added both better voice control (though I don't see a difference, nor did I ever have any problems), and the updated bluetooth pairing.

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer

3.5.1 added both better voice control (though I don't see a difference, nor did I ever have any problems), and the updated bluetooth pairing.

Hi, guys!

13Sport is correct! :)

Rebecca

gdecamp

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 X Limited AWD

OK that's good! I have not had enough time with mine to try all that out yet. Work always gets in the way....sigh.

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer

They are correct, Vince. We're extending the warranty coverage for MyFord Touch software updates for a total of five years and unlimited mileage for 2011, 2012, and 2013 model year vehicles. This extension will cover the SYNC module for MyFord Touch, addressing both software updates and hardware concerns. :)

OK that's good! I have not had enough time with mine to try all that out yet. Work always gets in the way....sigh.

I think you should go on a road trip for your next vacation! ;)

Rebecca

rmp301

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
They are correct, Vince. We're extending the warranty coverage for MyFord Touch software updates for a total of five years and unlimited mileage for 2011, 2012, and 2013 model year vehicles. This extension will cover the SYNC module for MyFord Touch, addressing both software updates and hardware concerns. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca: So there will be updates as well as extended warranty ........ BOTH, correct? The truck mechaninically is running well, but MFT has been a big concern for me ..... Thanks for stepping up to the plate and extending the warranty on this ..... It is the right thing to do for us folks! ;)

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Rebecca: So there will be updates as well as extended warranty ........ BOTH, correct? The truck mechaninically is running well, but MFT has been a big concern for me ..... Thanks for stepping up to the plate and extending the warranty on this ..... It is the right thing to do for us folks! ;)

That's correct, rmp301! We just want to show you that we're committed to this technology, and want our customers to be happy.

Rebecca

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
I read on Automotive news online today that the MFT update for non navigation cars will be "sent out" in December and for Nav cars, January. Rebecca, can you comment on this. Will we be getting another package with a flash drive and nav card as per the 3.0.1 update or will this just be a letter of notification?

gdecamp

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 X Limited AWD

Rebecca

I am going to do just that in late January. Leaving for a photography trip next Monday but flying to New Mexico. In late January, my wife and our doggie LuLu and I are driving to Florida from NY. We could fly but want to visit friends along the way. I will plan on a nice trip report when we get back from Florida.

LuLu our Maltese is getting ready for Xmas and the trip!

lulu_xmas2012_0070.jpg

She is a ham.

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
I read on Automotive news online today that the MFT update for non navigation cars will be "sent out" in December and for Nav cars, January. Rebecca, can you comment on this. Will we be getting another package with a flash drive and nav card as per the 3.0.1 update or will this just be a letter of notification?

Hi, Sandy!

We will not be sending the update in the mail, but it will be available for download on SYNCMyRide.com in mid-December (for non-NAV vehicles). Vehicles with NAV will be able to download the update and order a new SD card in early January. We'll be notifying owners by mail and SYNCMyRide, so make sure you start checking your SYNC Account in mid-December.

I am going to do just that in late January. Leaving for a photography trip next Monday but flying to New Mexico. In late January, my wife and our doggie LuLu and I are driving to Florida from NY. We could fly but want to visit friends along the way. I will plan on a nice trip report when we get back from Florida.

LuLu our Maltese is getting ready for Xmas and the trip!

lulu_xmas2012_0070.jpg

She is a ham.

She's adorable, and I love the snowmen, George! :biggthump

Rebecca

ercole

Reaction score
City, State
Verona, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hi, maybe someone can help me out with this one.

I know voice volume control is in SETTINGS -- VOICE CONTROL --etc, but that controls the voice loudness when conversing with MFT. I can barely hear the voice command turns while in a programed navigation route (the turn commands). The radio silences but you can barely here her speech.

Is there a way to raise THAT volume?

Thanks and happy holidays everyone.

Ercole

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Hi, maybe someone can help me out with this one.

I know voice volume control is in SETTINGS -- VOICE CONTROL --etc, but that controls the voice loudness when conversing with MFT. I can barely hear the voice command turns while in a programed navigation route (the turn commands). The radio silences but you can barely here her speech.

Is there a way to raise THAT volume?

Thanks and happy holidays everyone.

Ercole

Hi, Ercole!

While she's talking, use the volume knob to turn up her voice. Happy holidays to you as well!

Rebecca

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Does the extended warrantee also apply to Canada?

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
So wait, we are getting another update next month? What's going to be different over 3.5.1 which I just got a few weeks ago?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
So wait, we are getting another update next month? What's going to be different over 3.5.1 which I just got a few weeks ago?

Good morning, harlenm!

We're referring to 3.5.1 in this thread, which is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for non-NAV vehicles. :)

Rebecca