MyFord Touch screen cracked. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Touch screen cracked.

bottor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
We purchased our explorer on 7/28/2011
Had our 2011 explorer for 5 weeks, The myford touch has worked perfect until we noticed a hair line crack in the 8" screen. Have know idea how it cracked, now ford says they will not cover it under warranty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, I did find it and there was someone with the same problem.

Mine almost cracked on several occasions. I wanted to stab it with a screw driver.

Bother, welcome to the forum, yes pm Cory you vehicle information, ie. Vin, dealership, date you received it, he can possibly escalate your issue.

How are they not covering this on a brand new vehicle??? What are they saying??

Botter, my guess is your dealer is full of crap. I cannot imagine Ford not honoring the warranty on that.

PM Rebecca and she should get you taken care of.

Thanks Rebecca

After both my wife and I argueing with them numerous times over this and 10 days later. Gary Crossley Ford has finally notified me that a new screen is ordered and we be covered under warranty. If anything changes I will let you know. Thanks for all the replys!

I also have a touch screen that has cracked and just recieved a call from the dealer that Ford had no issues with the touch screen cracking so they would not cover it under warranty. This is BS for a brand new car under 10K miles. you cant do anything without the touch screen.

Follow the same procedures listed above.

Mine totally cracked in August...Took the dealer 3 weeks to locate the part and I'm still waiting for the part since this summer! Dealer has done nothing to support me on this one although they were super happy to take my money up front for the part. Now it is so bad it won't function at all. Has anyone else gotten a replacement part installed?

Has anyone had there's crack unexpectedly?
yes. I bought a new F-150 Supercrew in February this year. In September, I was trying to press the send button on the touchscreen to answer my phone. The ringing from the sound system was incredibly loud and I was driving in heavy Atlanta traffic. After touching the button 3 times and still no response, I reached over a 4th time and the screen shattered with a star pattern where my finger pressed. I took it to my dealer and he took pictures. He later called to tell me that Ford won't cover the repair ($850). When I called Ford customer service, they told me that the dealer believes that something (other than my finger) hit the screen, therefore it is not covered. I had no trouble showing the dealer rep the finger that broke the screen.

We just found that ours has cracked as well, in a flipped "S" pattern.

Temperatures had dropped to -20C, not sure if that helped it crack.

Now to try the dealer!

Bobby, I have the same "S" Crack. Ford is saying they won't cover it under warranty. Let me know how your situation turns out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not both just contact Cory here...

Back