• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

MyFordTouch Sync problems

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dco43054

Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 XLT
Without knowing what all the variables are, kind of hard to diagnose the problem.

uniquename

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Some phones are quirky with sync. In my 08 I can make that happen by connecting as audio only. Any chance you did that by accident?

My biggest complaint with sync since day one is that it only texts with the most basic of phones. Not a single smartphone is supported for that.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Does it do the same thing with the other phone linked? Are both phones linking at the same time?

Mishtar

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
Some phones are quirky with sync. In my 08 I can make that happen by connecting as audio only. Any chance you did that by accident?

My biggest complaint with sync since day one is that it only texts with the most basic of phones. Not a single smartphone is supported for that.
So Iphones cannot use the text features?

Finch

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited loaded
I have the BB Torch, and i read its one of the only phones that will support the reading of texts with Sync. Anybody confirm this??

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
My 08's SYNC does the same stuff, I thought it was my old phone, but I still does it with my new phone.
It's not that big of a deal, you just have to usually sit there for a good 5min doing the same procedure over and over again (some combo of turning your phone on/off, attempting to connect BT via your phone instead of via your vehicle, etc.)

3delis

Reaction score
City, State
Central California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
did u try the fuse 29 trick ?? my blackberry worked fine for several days then just wouldn't connect. pulled fuse #29 out of the fuse box for a couple minutes - then put it back in - works like a charm now. i've only had to do it once and hopefully never again.

2011EX

Reaction score
The problems stems to one word "Microsoft" LOL

bluescreenmyfordtouch.jpg

It is more than likely a software issue unless others with the same model are connecting just fine.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Just got mine tonight and it's also not synching the phones correctly. Dealer is looking into it. Managed to get one phone to hook up and accept the code, then it dropped it instantly.

BTW, both phones are Samsungs. One is a Alias II and the other is an Intensity.

edge929

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Was looking forward to this feature and I have an Alias 2 also. Yay software bugs.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
I'll keep this updated with a fix. And it WILL get fixed...:hammer:

uniquename

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Just got mine tonight and it's also not synching the phones correctly. Dealer is looking into it. Managed to get one phone to hook up and accept the code, then it dropped it instantly.

BTW, both phones are Samsungs. One is a Alias II and the other is an Intensity.
I paired to one at the dealer. It accepted my evo perfectly. Since it wasn't mine, I didn't DL the address book. I did play with various setting and stream BT audio, etc. Fifteen flawless minutes.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
AHA!!!

Got my phone paired. After messing with the system for a little while, I went in through the "add a bluetooth" device instead of "add a phone", plugged in my own passcode, and it synched up. When it asked to download the phone book I said no, and this time it took the phone. I then went back in and did a manual download (keeping autodownload turned off) and it worked.

Phone is now synched...with a little cussing...:cool:

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Went out this afternoon and paired up my wife's Alias II. It paired up fairly quickly the old fashioned way as long as I didn't allow it to auto-download the directory. If I let it auto download, it failed. Without it, it worked nicely, and then I just did a one-time download afterwards and all is well.

edge929

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Went out this afternoon and paired up my wife's Alias II. It paired up fairly quickly the old fashioned way as long as I didn't allow it to auto-download the directory. If I let it auto download, it failed. Without it, it worked nicely, and then I just did a one-time download afterwards and all is well.
Ha good to know. I will do this with my Alias II and pray for the best..... that is, unless Chicago gets another snow storm on Friday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.